WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So the trip went great. Last Friday when I flew in, after getting off the train in Pawling, I got to the landscape store by about 4:10 PM. I was then able to buy a stove fuel canister for $5. He also sells larger sizes. In addition, he had a good selection of Mountain House and RXBars. Definitely a hiker friendly place. If you live nearby, he sells an interesting selection of plants.

The biggest constraint of the landscape store is that it closes at 5PM. At the Wiley shelter I chatted with another hiker who also flew in the same day. He was able to get stove fuel at the North Face store in New York City, which he said was 2 blocks from Grand Central. (He was unaware that that he could have bought it where I did)

It is also worth filling up with water at the spigot that he has at the back of the building, the water tastes good, not like typical city water. There is also a food truck at the highway pull off just North of the Landscape store. When I went by, it was still there but closed at 4:30PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_zavocki View Post
    So the trip went great. Last Friday when I flew in, after getting off the train in Pawling, I got to the landscape store by about 4:10 PM. I was then able to buy a stove fuel canister for $5. He also sells larger sizes. In addition, he had a good selection of Mountain House and RXBars. Definitely a hiker friendly place. If you live nearby, he sells an interesting selection of plants.

The biggest constraint of the landscape store is that it closes at 5PM. At the Wiley shelter I chatted with another hiker who also flew in the same day. He was able to get stove fuel at the North Face store in New York City, which he said was 2 blocks from Grand Central. (He was unaware that that he could have bought it where I did)

It is also worth filling up with water at the spigot that he has at the back of the building, the water tastes good, not like typical city water. There is also a food truck at the highway pull off just North of the Landscape store. When I went by, it was still there but closed at 4:30PM.
    Thanks for reporting back. Glad you had a good trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++