WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Fishin'? Who's got time for stopping and doing something fun?

All sarcasm aside, I think it would be fun to fish if it was practical. But then, I'm a stop and smell the roses guy who has feet that won't go more than 300 miles at a time, so I will not have the opportunity to experience that thru hike "impetus" to max out them miles.

Sometimes I think that slowing down once in a while and enjoying a pleasant diversion that presents itself is a good thing. I spent an hour at McAfee knob when I came to it. In the meantime several thru-hikers blew right through there without so much as catching a glimpse.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Roller View Post
    I am trying to complete Georgia this fall with my crew. We started in the middle and have been filling in sections over the the past few years. This year we are starting at Springer and hiking to Woody gap. I think I see trout streams on the way so I will be prepared just in case.
    For this section, 3 Forks (before Hawk Mtn Shelter) is the beginning of Noontootla creek which is a special regulation stream, barbless and artificial lures only. Justus Creek has had some nice small fish about a quarter mile below the trail crossing. If you were going a little past Woody to Jarrard Gap, there is a trail down to Lake Winfield Scott (1 mile) which has some good fishing along with hot showers.

Quote Originally Posted by glenlawson View Post
    For this section, 3 Forks (before Hawk Mtn Shelter) is the beginning of Noontootla creek which is a special regulation stream, barbless and artificial lures only. Justus Creek has had some nice small fish about a quarter mile below the trail crossing. If you were going a little past Woody to Jarrard Gap, there is a trail down to Lake Winfield Scott (1 mile) which has some good fishing along with hot showers.
    Here are the Ga trout regulations.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/...trout-fishing/

Trout less than 16” from the Noontootla, in the Blue Ridge WMA, must be released immediately. Artificial lures only, but I don’t believe they must be barbless for the Noontootla.

Here are the Ga trout regulations.

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/...trout-fishing/

Trout less than 16” from the Noontootla, in the Blue Ridge WMA, must be released immediately. Artificial lures only, but I don’t believe they must be barbless for the Noontootla.

Thanks for that! I use artificial only and have some barbless from when I fished Dukes creek. We are planning to camp there.

Images

Thanks,

you folks are awesome
    I found as a troubled youth that changing your path, required only the strength to step off your current one.

Images

Forget about fashion or the ease of access for while you are fishing... Stow your hooks properly. Unless you already hard labor a job all day with hooks in your cap, then have at it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++