WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: new zpacks tent

Default new zpacks tent

Has anyone used the new solo tent zpacks unveiled at trail days and the one will wood made a video of on the BMT.
    I am not sure i am a fan of the top portion of the tent.

I have Joe's Soloplex tent, which I like a lot. I see some design improvements in the new tent. Looks like a great choice to me.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Images

I have a 3 year old Duplex that I love but I decided to check out the Plexamid and have one on order. It's been a bit over four weeks so I'm assuming it will be arriving soon.
    Remote for detachment, narrow for chosen company, winding for leisure, lonely for contemplation, the Trail beckons not merely north and south, but upward to the body, mind, and soul of man.

Images

Cool, love the look of that new Pyramid! I've owned the Solo+ for 5 years now, probably 120+ nights in the thing, always treated me well, but that new Pyramid looks like it improved it nicely, with the actual vestibule (vs. the little beak in the Solo+) and the bathtub floor.

As a side note: I bought the Solo+ 5 years ago in the 0.51 (lightest) fabric. Then, my wife and I bought a Duplex a couple years ago in the heavier, 0.74 fabric. I really like the heavier fabric, and think it's worth the extra 1.2 ounces and 15 bucks.

But the price.... $549, yikes! My Solo+ was $390 5 years ago. But, good gear is really worth the price.

Thanks everyone for the replies .
    I am just not to thrilled about the apex of the tent and looks as it might have some design flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by TMathers View Post
    Has anyone used the new solo tent zpacks unveiled at trail days and the one will wood made a video of on the BMT.
    I am not sure i am a fan of the top portion of the tent.
    is it a NEW model or a revised design of a previous model?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    is it a NEW model or a revised design of a previous model?
    It sure looks like a revision of the older Soloplex or Solo+. I think and worries over design flaws are a bit ungrounded, this zpacks guy makes great stuff, and stands behind his products, but I also understand worries over a new product when the cost is pushing $600 !

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_rob View Post
    It sure looks like a revision of the older Soloplex or Solo+. I think and worries over design flaws are a bit ungrounded, this zpacks guy makes great stuff, and stands behind his products, but I also understand worries over a new product when the cost is pushing $600 !
    Colorado Rob- I'm guessing this is the Plexamid, just watched to video. If I liked Zpacks shelters I wouldn't have any problems with the apex design or the price, and as you mentioned Zpacks makes great gear I have a few pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCut View Post
    I have a 3 year old Duplex that I love but I decided to check out the Plexamid and have one on order. It's been a bit over four weeks so I'm assuming it will be arriving soon.
    I have a Plexamid on order as well.

☺️
    We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell

https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

It mostly resembles, and has replaced the Altaplex.
    A solo shelter for taller hikers

++ New Posts ++