WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Journal Entries
    Images

Default Did the Crawford Family (7 of 8) really summit?

You know what they say about people who assume...

The reason I am asking is the only online “confirmation” I have seen is from the BSP Facebook page.

And on the FB page they don’t mention the Crawfords by name, or even make mention of the family of eight.

Rather, they just commended a “couple with a 2 year old” that asked about the rules “recently” and were told they could not be waived.

That post was on Tuesday afternoon.

Is it possible BSP was referring to another couple?

Alternatively, is it possible BSP made that post regarding their communication the Crawfords before they even entered the Park? If you read it carefully it says nothing about the family’s actual experience on Katahdin.

Do we know for a fact that seven (and only seven) of the Crawfords sumitted?

BSP didn’t say that, just that they (the couple) devised a plan to take turns. BSP never offered congratulations — understandable if they were not there to observe first hand.

We have not heard from the Crawford’s directly about their time in the Park.

Was BSP setting the stage in case we ever were to see photos of little Ranier on Baxter Peak?

Is Ben gauging social media and setting the stage before posting them?

Am I nuts for even considering the possibility?
    Last edited by rickb; 08-10-2018 at 06:22.

++ New Posts ++