WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Store the headlamp my GSI Outdoors Infinity Mug. No issues.

I like black diamonds for the lock.... I would not find taking the battery out to be practice as most of the time you need a light it is dark out... fishing out batteries for the bottom of your pack sounds like a lower quality entertainment activity to me....
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

My Princeton Tech light has red,high,low beam capability.Three taps on the button lock or unlock it.Press once for red,again for high,hold it down for low.Works great and has never accidentally turned on.I do carry a hand held pen light for when I want white light as bugs love white light and a headlamp brings them to eye level.quickly at night.I cant remember what I paid for the light but it was in line with all the others as I recall.

When rafting, I use a PB headlamp (for backpacking I use a sliding Petzl). I put the PB headlamp in a small yogurt cup with a lid. Most yogurt brands have gone to sealed tops rather than reuseable tops, but the last time I looked there were still a couple brands that would work. MMM, yogurt.

Images

[QUOTE=Pringles;2218646]When rafting, I use a PB headlamp (for backpacking I use a sliding Petzl). I put the PB headlamp in a small yogurt cup with a lid. Most yogurt brands have gone to sealed tops rather than reuseable tops, but the last time I looked there were still a couple brands that would work.

Pringles travel containers are a perfect size. I thought of this thanks in large part to your screen name
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    My Princeton Tech light has red,high,low beam capability.Three taps on the button lock or unlock it.Press once for red,again for high,hold it down for low.Works great and has never accidentally turned on.I do carry a hand held pen light for when I want white light as bugs love white light and a headlamp brings them to eye level.quickly at night.I cant remember what I paid for the light but it was in line with all the others as I recall.
    Mine was about $25 on some deal. I love that the first push of the button is low red, then the rest depending on what you want.

I'm still a novice, but the method that's been working for me is having the light in a very small ziplock hard container that nests in my cookpot with the alchy stove and various other little stuffs. Come dinner time put headlamp on head or around the neck, eat dinner, put pot set in foodbag, hang appropriately, sleep, fetch foodbag, coffee, headlamp back in its home (cookpot), keep on hiking, repeat.
    But that works for me since I'm only really eating a dinner and the rest of the day is a continuous grazing session.

Johnnybgood, I got my trail name because an old hiking partner kept telling me that one should put their Waterford Crackers in a Pringles canister so they didn’t break. I ended up not caring much for the Waterford Crackers, but I could put any kind of cracker in the Pringles canisters. We would hike separately, and ask others if they had seen the other hiker. Often, she would report that people said, “Oh, she was eating Pringles.” They’d get a happy, dreamy look on their face. When I tell people I’m Pringles, most get a happy grin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailing_Faith View Post
    I like black diamonds for the lock.... I would not find taking the battery out to be practice as most of the time you need a light it is dark out... fishing out batteries for the bottom of your pack sounds like a lower quality entertainment activity to me....
    Works for me, tho, cause I'm always stopping before the sun goes down, so I have plenty of time to insert the batteries.
    Plus, when I'm wearing the black diamond I have a spare petzyl in my pocket: (I like having a backup lamp).
    While hiking, headlamps, batteries and spares are all in my hip belt pocket, so easy to get at.

In the old days of incandescent lamps after multiple incidents with lamps gone ON in the pack, I soldered a second switch into my old Petzl.
    Others unplugged one of the battery poles, which was very good advice if in wet environment to avoid leakage current caused by the mix of dirt and humidity inside a heavily used lamp.

The modern Petzls I have never got switched on in the pack, no problem here.
    As I seldom really use my headlamp, but just carry it in case I could need it sometimes, I usually stick a tiny flap of plastic between one battery pole and the corresponding contact in the case. Just to be double safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++