WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Question Wedding officiant for trail wedding at Max Patch?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to recommend a wedding officiant for a small ceremony at Max Patch this October (yes, this year). Doesn't need to be someone who is ordained or anything--no religion or legal stuff needed as we will already be married on paper. We're just looking to do a short ceremony for a small group of family and friends.

If you know of anyone, or if anyone on here does things like this for a reasonable rate, please let me know We're a couple of hiker hippies with hiker family and friends and have pictured celebrating at Max Patch for a while. We just need someone who is all right with public speaking and who is fun! I love the community here and thought y'all might be able to help me out.

Thanks!

Well, I would love to do this for you! But I don't think you want to pay my gas for 10 hours round trip. I did, however, just meet a guy who is a pastor at a church near that area (I know you don't need that necessarily, but he does these kinds of things for a living); and I think he'd be up for something like this. If you don't get any other responses, PM me and I'll get his email to you.

Thanks, Bryon! Doh! If you happen to be hiking in that day, let me know Sounds good!

no real help to give just wishing you good luck and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by The Snowman View Post
    no real help to give just wishing you good luck and God Bless
    Thank you

Journal Entries

Gatlinburg has several wedding chapels - touristy things. One of them could probably recommend somebody.
    And of course, there's plenty of little churches near there. Probably could find a pastor willing to do your ceremony.
    But since it's not a legal ceremony, you could have your parent/sibling/bff officiate.
    Best of luck for beautiful weather. (My daughter is having an outdoor wedding Oct 19 - maybe we'll both have good weather)!

Journal Entries

If you are already married and you are just having a special ceremony at Max Patch, why not just recruit a hiker on the trail that day. Granted they may not be ordained, but if I was in the area I would gladly do it for nothing. I would recommend having the words you want to be read prepared ahead of time. If you want it to look kind of official, you can go to a Halloween store (It will be close enough to Halloween to have a store open near you) and buy a large priest shirt and collar. Hope this may help you and congrats.
    Blackheart

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    Gatlinburg has several wedding chapels - touristy things. One of them could probably recommend somebody.
    And of course, there's plenty of little churches near there. Probably could find a pastor willing to do your ceremony.
    But since it's not a legal ceremony, you could have your parent/sibling/bff officiate.
    Best of luck for beautiful weather. (My daughter is having an outdoor wedding Oct 19 - maybe we'll both have good weather)!
    Thank you! There is no one really we can ask in our group, although maybe in a pinch... Good luck to you too, and congratulations to your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthN View Post
    Congrats zeldaminor!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBill View Post
    If you are already married and you are just having a special ceremony at Max Patch, why not just recruit a hiker on the trail that day. Granted they may not be ordained, but if I was in the area I would gladly do it for nothing. I would recommend having the words you want to be read prepared ahead of time. If you want it to look kind of official, you can go to a Halloween store (It will be close enough to Halloween to have a store open near you) and buy a large priest shirt and collar. Hope this may help you and congrats.
    I had thought about that! There will doubtless be tons of people out there that day, I'm sure. Hey, if you are in the area, let me know Thanks for the idea!

++ New Posts ++