WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default webbing question

I am considering a webbing system using decenders for quick adjustment. My question is I have a roll of 3/4 in webbing. I have a sleeve I can pass the webbing through to protect the trees so is it feasible to use 3/4 in webbing? I weigh 250 ish. I would love to use what I have on hand. Anyone else using 3/4 in webbing or is 1- 1 1/2 on the norm ? Whatever the norm is .,Thanks in advance for your time.

I use 1”, but it’s not uncommon for frills to use narrower webbing and just double it around the tree if it needs more protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCoupal View Post
    I use 1”, but it’s not uncommon for frills to use narrower webbing and just double it around the tree if it needs more protection.

For folks. Stupid smartphone.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCoupal View Post

Thanks man. I thought it would be ok and I have a lot on hand

I would think you would be fine. Try it out at home and see if it has any negative effects on the tree, as that's the whole reason for using the wider straps. Not knowing the weight capacity of your straps, I have heard that a strength of 1000 pounds is recommended (I'm probably wrong) because the pressure on the suspension changes as you enter, move, swing, etc.

I use the seatbelts from a car I scrapped. Those did come with their own adjusters, but I did not use them.

++ New Posts ++