WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Deadeye,
    if we had 4-6 weeks to wait then their customer service would have been ok with the exception of the price they were asking for the hip belt ( it was like buying a new pack!). When you contrasted that with ULA and their $25 price and overnight shipping the difference was very significant. And given that we were on the trail in NY at the time and needed quick service I thought their response was totally inadequate. One thing I have come to love about backpacking is the extremely high level of customer service that the gear companies provide. Granite Gear in my experience was an exception to this custmer service model that most gear companies provide. Glad to hear your experiences are better but as for me I’m done with GG and I am forever a ULA & ZPacks guy!

Images

I used to own the Vapor Trail - most comfortable pack I ever owned, but it made my back sweat in the summer. Now I have the Crown 2 60L - not quite as comfortable as the Vapor Trail, but it has been OK for some one or two night trips. I have yet to use it for any long trips.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

I just used mine on Foothills Trail- 4 days 4 nights...thought it was comfortable although my nimbus is more comfortable over all

Images

I have an old (2006) Nimbus Ozone - I love it, and I find it's a lot more comfortable to carry than the crown (yes, I have one of those too - but always go back to my nimbus ozone. I wish they would bring that back.

Images

I own the Crown 2 38L and 60L packs and love them both. They are essentially the same pack in terms of the frame.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++