WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Found Watch in Worthington State Forest

Long shot, I know, but my son found a watch on the side of the Dunnfield Creek Trail in Worthington State Forest in NJ. It was after the trail breaks off from the AT, maybe a mile or so from the split. Let me know if you lost it and what kind of watch it was and we'll get it back to you.

Rolex Submariner

Something tells me I would have seen a frantic person running up and down the trail if that were the case.

A nice memory: A few decades ago I found a nice Seiko in the Adirondack snows. Put up a note in the ADK Loj. Sure enough, the owner wrote to me and got his watch back. Much later, when I could afford it, I got one for myself. I hope the watch you found gets home.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I am trying to identify the hiker found deceased in Florida 2018 trail name Mostly Harmless. He was missing his watch, sunglasses and black velcro wallet when found. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Matriarc View Post
    I am trying to identify the hiker found deceased in Florida 2018 trail name Mostly Harmless. He was missing his watch, sunglasses and black velcro wallet when found. ??
    Why did you find them? Or do you think this might be the same watch found by vucatsengr?? You posted this on a 2 year old thread?? About a found watch in NJ??

Quote Originally Posted by Matriarc View Post
    What do think Gator, troll? What do think TNhiker, troll ? I smell rotten !

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    What do think Gator, troll? What do think TNhiker, troll ? I smell rotten !
    I don't know that I have seen mentioned about a watch sunglasses and black velcro wallet. Here's a link about Mostly Harmless with more detail than I was aware off https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/myst...ostly-harmless.

Probably an internet sleuth since the link mentions some unidentified mystery type sites.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

A picture of the watch Mostly Harmless was wearing at that point is included at the strangeoutdoors.com link. https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/myst...ostly-harmless Highly doubtful it is the same watch given the location and time frame.

Maybe somebody did come upon his body and took those items. May have been a quick grab as they missed out on $3640 in cash apparently (probably was cash in the wallet). Shame any potential ID was lost. Maybe whoever did it will turn those in anonymously.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I was inquiring because there were missing items that he was photographed with on the trail but were missing when he was found. Wallet, credit cards, watch, sunglasses. Just following bread crumbs in efforts to get him identified. He hiked 2017-2018. Body has not been claimed or identified. ☹ I dont want the items but was just asking if there were any clues here.

It seems he may have given some things away along the trail. Thinking perhaps he gave it away and someone lost it or he dropped it and someone headed in the opposite direction found it later.

Isn't there a thread on this somewhere here? Apologies for being so defensive.

No worries. I believe he has been discussed here and several hikers had encountered him on his sobo thru hike but he never gave a real name and signed in at hostels as Ben Bilemy, who does not exist. He seemed highly intelligent and had coding notebooks and appeared to be a pretty talented computer programmer. Seems he made efforts to conceal his real identity by providing little info and even conflicting info. I have his case file from the sheriffs department and some of his belongings are missing. He likely gave them away. Frustrating. He was so good at anonymity!!

++ New Posts ++