WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Overnighter next weekend (9/28) partner?

Hey yall.. Thinking of making a short trip up to the park next weekend. Possibly leaving 9/26 Thursday after work and getting there late Thursday night or at worst leaving 9/27 Friday after work. I'm wanting to do an overnighter.. One night stay. Got a new tent I want to play around with. Most likely I'll be needing to head out Sunday to head back home to make it to work on Monday.

Anyone want to come? I'd love a hiking partner even though it's a short trip.

Possible trip options I've been thinking of:

1. Twentymile Ranger Station -- Twentymile Trail -- (Possible stop down at Shuckstack) -- AT up to Doe Knob -- Gregory Bald Trail -- Campsite 13 -- Wolf Ridge Trail -- Twentymile Ranger Station

2. Some formation of a loop around Rocky Top. Haven't figured out exacts yet but I didn't get to finish Rocky Top on my last trip so it's been bothering me.

3. LeConte

Any suggestions feel free to throw them at me

Have a good trip!
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Journal Entries
    Images

pm'd
    introduced to backpacking on my 21st in the red river gorge, KY (2012)

2015 salkantay trek - Glamping

16'-17' amicalola--> Fontana dam

7 days solo on Huayhuash circuit!! 9/17

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit McCrae View Post
    Have a good trip!
    Long time no talk. Hope you're doing good! Come hike if you have a free weekend

Quote Originally Posted by centerfieldr162 View Post
    Hey yall.. Thinking of making a short trip up to the park next weekend. Possibly leaving 9/26 Thursday after work and getting there late Thursday night or at worst leaving 9/27 Friday after work. I'm wanting to do an overnighter.. One night stay. Got a new tent I want to play around with. Most likely I'll be needing to head out Sunday to head back home to make it to work on Monday.
    It looks like you have the wrong month listed in your original post, multiple times. Either that or I need more coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Zone View Post
    It looks like you have the wrong month listed in your original post, multiple times. Either that or I need more coffee.

You're correct. I am the one who needed more coffee.

Meant to say 7/27 or 7/28. As in, next weekend... August....... Sorry yall I wake up at 3:30 am for work and it's Friday. My mind is not working this late in the week

Quote Originally Posted by centerfieldr162 View Post
    You're correct. I am the one who needed more coffee.

Meant to say 7/27 or 7/28. As in, next weekend... August....... Sorry yall I wake up at 3:30 am for work and it's Friday. My mind is not working this late in the week

Oh my gosh... It still isn't working. I meant JULY. It's been one hell of a day. Going to get a beer in an hour when I leave work.

++ New Posts ++