WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

-

Default puffy pants - high end / low end

Borah gear down pants 6oz 150$ (not available right now as he does not have anyone to sew them)

high rock outdoor down pants 10oz 65$ (comes with stuff sack) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Men-...27424c4dYc0x6Z

both have 1.5 inches of loft and sewn through baffles so the function and warmth are similar

borah has drawstring waist, straight leg bottom - high rock has elastic waist with snap / zipper and elastic bottom cuff

fit and finish are nicer on the high rock, tapered fit, closer baffles + others as noted

durability would go to the high rock with heavier fabric

timing for the borah would usually be a month lead time, the high rock ships from asia in @ 2 weeks

weight would be the main advantage of the borah, 4 oz less with similar warmth

price obviously goes to the high rock, 85$ less so the premium is 21$ per oz saved with the borah

Is it the same quality down ? Do you care if it is made in the USA ? My Borah vest is very nice and 4oz .

The imports: Do you really trust their loft number? Narrow baffles, more baffles, are a deduction not a plus.
    Good luck!
    Wayne

-

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyou View Post
    Is it the same quality down ? Do you care if it is made in the USA ? My Borah vest is very nice and 4oz .
    probably 700 vs 800, not major when they have about 3 oz of down - right now the made in us is not being made

-

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    The imports: Do you really trust their loft number? Narrow baffles, more baffles, are a deduction not a plus.
    Good luck!
    Wayne
    the loft is measured by me, they were both on the kitchen table - thin down garments tend to get blank / cold spots with less baffles - especially pants with all the movement - around camp and sleeping the borah would be fine, walking, less so - but that is splitting hairs, as per the review, performance wise I consider them equal

Default Down pants

I just got my down pants from Goosefeet. They weight 6.1 oz. The fit is perfect from the measurements given. They have a drawstring waist.

-

Quote Originally Posted by mississippi_dan View Post
    I just got my down pants from Goosefeet. They weight 6.1 oz. The fit is perfect from the measurements given. They have a drawstring waist.
    looked at the website - fantastic versatility on what they will make

++ New Posts ++