WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Snow Peak Lite Max Stove - 2 oz

This is an ultralight 2 oz Snow Peak Lite Max stove used less than 5 times on one trip in the backcountry. I am selling it because you should only use Snow Peak fuel canisters with it (unlike some other stoves) and for most folks that's no problem at all. You can easily find those fuel canisters in the U.S. at stores like REI, but when I went on a hiking trip to Scotland (Europe), I couldn't find that fuel anywhere. I plan on hiking a LOT more in Europe, so this isn't the best fit for me. So if you are using it domestically in the U.S., this is the stove for you.

All you need to know about it is here: https://www.rei.com/product/768603/s...35803918&ev11=

I paid $59 + tax + shipping for the stove but will let it go for $45 + shipping (send me your zip code and I can tell you the shipping cost - shouldn't be much due to the size of this little thing). Please direct message me. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bpowell1014; 07-09-2018 at 20:09.

I've used my SnowPeak litemax with fuel from Snow Peak, Jetboil, Primus, MSR, and Coleman.

No issues but some blends perform better than others in certain conditions.

We're you having a problem?

Good luck with the sale

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info! I never tried it with a different brand of fuel...just read in several places to only use their specific fuel. But if it worked for you then great! I bought a Pocket Rocket I plan on using throughout Europe instead. Would still like to offer this snow peak stove to someone who is interested. For 2 oz, you can’t go wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my Litemax with any and every fuel canister out there.

No problems on my end. No scientific testing done to differentiate if there was a significant time in boil times using different manufacturers fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all use the same lindle (lindel?) valve. No reason you can't interchange canisters.

Images

Me too, Litemax with all brands....no problem.....and my Pocket Rocket is in the non-essential gear locker
    Last edited by coach lou; 07-11-2018 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by tflaris View Post
    I use my Litemax with any and every fuel canister out there . . . No scientific testing done to differentiate if there was a significant time in boil times using different manufacturers fuel.
    Given that almost all the canister fuels from off the same assembly line from the same factory which produces the SnowPeak canisters, any claims to using only their brand is just plain marketing silliness. Different companies do specify different fuel mixes, heck, SnowPeak has at least three different fuel mixes themselves. But, most of the mixes are pretty close to the same if not identical (okay MSR, JetBoil and at least one of the common SnowPeak mixtures are pretty close, I don't know about the rest).

As for using your pocket rocket and selling your LiteMax, I go the other way around and sell the heavier and slightly less versatile (from a cooking point of view) pocket rocket and keep the SnowPeak. Actually, what I'd do is play around with both for a day, see which one I liked better and keep that one.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

If I recall correctly, there was some discussion several months back that the orange labeled Coleman canisters available at Walmart were NOT reliably working with many canister stoves. They worked reliably with Coleman stove available at Walmart, but other canister stoves were hit-and-miss.

That's been the only legitimate issue I recall ever reading about regarding issues mixing brands of canisters v stoves.

Plus the litemax is MUCH more quiet than the pocket rocket. It's actually one to the quietest canister stoves I've heard.

A big plus in my opinion.

Pocket Rockets wake everyone up in camp.

Once again good luck selling! Sorry we hijacked your thread

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

we've established you can use any fuel with this stove regardless of the recommendations. As such, this is still for sale.

It's cross selling - the action or practice of selling an additional product or service to an existing customer. Jet Boil says the same thing about their "special" fuel mixture being necessary for their stoves. After contacting Jet Boil asking what was so special about their mixture, and being given a run around in getting an answer, they eventually said it was their ratio of different gases. Upon some research I found several companies with like or the same ratio of gas mixtures. Nothing super special about Jet Boil fuel other than it's more expensive given there is less gas in their labeled canister compared to a same ratio differently branded canister.

If at a consistently high altitude and/or in very low temps for canister stoves use the Snow Peak Gold Pro canister ratio mix.

I've had or do have the MSR Pocket Rocket, MSR Mini Pocket Rocket, and Snow Peak Lite Max. The overall best stove of the three IMO after extensive usage of all three is the SP Lite Max

Message sent

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    It's cross selling - the action or practice of selling an additional product or service to an existing customer. Jet Boil says the same thing about their "special" fuel mixture being necessary for their stoves. After contacting Jet Boil asking what was so special about their mixture, and being given a run around in getting an answer, they eventually said it was their ratio of different gases. Upon some research I found several companies with like or the same ratio of gas mixtures. Nothing super special about Jet Boil fuel other than it's more expensive given there is less gas in their labeled canister compared to a same ratio differently branded canister.

If at a consistently high altitude and/or in very low temps for canister stoves use the Snow Peak Gold Pro canister ratio mix.

I've had or do have the MSR Pocket Rocket, MSR Mini Pocket Rocket, and Snow Peak Lite Max. The overall best stove of the three IMO after extensive usage of all three is the SP Lite Max
    +1 on SP Lite as an efficient, effective stove. Most of my experience is at + 9500’ which is more demanding of the entire system

++ New Posts ++