WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    A buddy of mine just got back from Panic at RR few weeks ago....was incredible! Derek and Susan live close by....they always put on a great show....enjoy CO....an amazing place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just saw Panic last Weekend in Memphis at Mud Island, they tore it up!!!! Friday night was great, but Saturday was one of the best shows I have ever seen!!!!

I’m have a similar section planned next week. Willis Gulch to Mt Huron and back. I’ll be in a class in Lakewood for work until around 2:00pm on Thursday. The greyhound for BV leaves just before that and I’d like to get to the trailhead Thursday night. Does anyone know of any other transportation options to Twin Lakes, Salida or Buena Vista? An Uber from Denver is a little too pricey for me. Is it unreasonable to hitch the entire way?

Quote Originally Posted by Wormy View Post
    I’m have a similar section planned next week. Willis Gulch to Mt Huron and back. I’ll be in a class in Lakewood for work until around 2:00pm on Thursday. The greyhound for BV leaves just before that and I’d like to get to the trailhead Thursday night. Does anyone know of any other transportation options to Twin Lakes, Salida or Buena Vista? An Uber from Denver is a little too pricey for me. Is it unreasonable to hitch the entire way?

A shot in the dark. You will need to investigate.
    One way car rental to Leadville or Buena Vista. Hitch or shuttle to Twin Lakes. Actually, I think that there is a shuttle possibly from Salida. One way rental to Salida if there is someone to shuttle you to the trail.
    Wayne

One way rental to leadville and return is what I did few years ago for Collegiate loop starting near TL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check with the Leadville Hostel about a shuttle to the CT/CDT trail on Turquoise Lake about 5-8 miles from the Safeway in Leadville.
    Wayne

Thanks for the advice! The only rental agency in the area is the Leadville hertz and they close at 4. I’ll never make it in time. I’ll probably catch the bus Friday afternoon to BV if I can’t figure out another solution. I’ll lose most of the day but no big deal. I usually throw my plans out the window the first day anyway.

Thanks for the advice! The only rental agency in the area is the Leadville hertz and they close at 4. I’ll never make it in time. I’ll probably catch the bus Friday afternoon to BV if I can’t figure out another solution. I’ll lose most of the day but no big deal. I usually throw my plans out the window the first day anyway.
    Rental offices in Silverthorne & Frisco are open until 6pm. The Summit County-Lake County buses leave for Leadville at 6pm & 10:30pm. The last bus would get you to the Leadville Hostel.
    https://www.summitcountyco.gov/Docum...er-2018?bidId=
    https://www.google.com/search?client...E,lf:1,lf_ui:2

Good luck!Wayne
    Eddie Valiant: "That lame-brain freeway idea could only be cooked up by a toon."
    https://wayne-ayearwithbigfootandbubba.blogspot.com
    FlickrMyBookTwitSpaceFace

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Rental offices in Silverthorne & Frisco are open until 6pm. The Summit County-Lake County buses leave for Leadville at 6pm & 10:30pm. The last bus would get you to the Leadville Hostel.
    https://www.summitcountyco.gov/Docum...er-2018?bidId=
    https://www.google.com/search?client...E,lf:1,lf_ui:2

Good luck!Wayne
    It looks like there are several options to get to Frisco by bus. I can grab that southbound bus to Leadville from there. Thanks!

Your welcome! I wasn’t aware of the bus situation. I knew about the Airport Shuttles having dodged them on 70 a couple weeks ago.
    I hope it works for you!
    Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++