WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Shuttle advice

Default Shuttle advice

I am planning a week trip starting Bear Den Hostel Va and going to somewhere around Pa 16 just north of maryland/pa border. I'm flying into dc. Would it be better to take shuttle from dc or ride metro to harpers ferry and then shuttle. Ill need to reverse it going back. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Check out my youtube channel
    Ramdino Roaming the Trails

Journal Entries
    Images

Lightbulb My advice

A shuttle directly from a Washington airport would save time but a LOT more expensive.
    I would ride Amtrak or MARC
    https://mta.maryland.gov/sites/defau...ar13_small.pdf
    between DC and Harpers Ferry, and arrange a shuttle from that town.

*MY* plan (note the first word, you might choose otherwise) would be to take a train into HF, shuttle down to Bear Den Hostel, hike back to HF, take another shuttle to PA 16, hike back to HF, and then take the train back to DC. Shuttles are expensive, particularly for one person; trains & buses are cheap, particularly for one person.

According to Google Maps, BDH is about 24 mile from HF, but only 33 miles from Dulles airport. You can get to Dulles from the other DC airports (DCA/BWI) by train, subway, and/or bus. That might be an option since the trains to HF don't run very often.

Hey trail family its the Rockit! I'm doing shuttles in that area all by email. This is my new website. New to White Blaze but not the AT. Thanks and a big shout out to Crazy Larry and Lumpy in Damascus! Rockit Mann

https://www.gofundme.com/the-rockit-..._co_campmgmt_w

++ New Posts ++