WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default best place to see fireworks.

A few years back I went up to max patch on the 4th to watch the fireworks in all the surrounding towns, it was pretty cool! could see lots of em all over Tennessee.
    I plan on hiking the AT section from Unicoi to Dicks creek, up trey mountain the 4th weekend. I was thinking since im up that way, is there any spots that I could see the fireworks in ATL like I did on Max patch?

Well since nobody responded, im going to assume nobody had an answer? Well now I do! So the kids and I went thru with our hike like I mentioned, we spent the night at a small spot right off the peak of tray mountain. the kids and I, as well as a small group of boy scouts sat on the peak and got a pretty good view of fireworks from all over Georgia. if you turned to the other small clearing you could see them in Hiawassee too.
    I also spoke with the guy at Mountain Crossings, he told me they got a great view from the side deck of Atlanta`s fireworks.
    If anybody is interested, here is two good spots.

Well since nobody responded, im going to assume nobody had an answer? Well now I do! So the kids and I went thru with our hike like I mentioned, we spent the night at a small spot right off the peak of tray mountain. the kids and I, as well as a small group of boy scouts sat on the peak and got a pretty good view of fireworks from all over Georgia. if you turned to the other small clearing you could see them in Hiawassee too.
    I also spoke with the guy at Mountain Crossings, he told me they got a great view from the side deck of Atlanta`s fireworks.
    If anybody is interested, here is two good spots.

neat idea.... thanks for following up

Sitting on the beach at S. Lake Tahoe watching the fireworks launched from a raft on the lake and atop a frigid Mt Whitney on PCT thrus were cool. At the Mauna Kea summit on the Big I was also excellent timed to coincide with a grueling bushwhack from Hilo up to Mauna Loa and over to Mauna Kea. Even though I was a kid the BEST fireworks of all time by far in respect to duration, extent across the sky, overall color and diversity of bursts in a most fantastic setting while on a chartered boat moored just off the statute's base was the reopening of the Statue of Liberty of it's 1986 Centennial.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ09Gz76HAU

Registered User middle to middle's Avatar

I watched fireworks on a 42" hi def tv in my living room, feet up, ice in drink in hand, whatever, I am old and tired.

Hiawassee usually has a good display near the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds....
    Let's head for the roundhouse; they can't corner us there!

Quote Originally Posted by middle to middle View Post
    I watched fireworks on a 42" hi def tv in my living room, feet up, ice in drink in hand, whatever, I am old and tired.
    Same.........

Is it raining yet?
    Images

I didn't even do that much
    Be Prepared

++ New Posts ++