WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    by saying "nothing" are you implying it was "something"?

cause it wasn't. seems like it didnt even take 5 mins for someone to find this guy and tell him to call home.
    It’s somethng until proven that it’s nothing. I don't know a parent who hasn't had a sleepless night worrying about their kid, sure that their worst fears have come true...and sometimes they’re right.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    cause it wasn't. seems like it didnt even take 5 mins for someone to find this guy and tell him to call home.

It took a little longer than 5 minutes as in FB there were postings about him maybe starting on Thursday or so...

but yes, I see what you mean by not a long time...

Default I am Mark Langston Jr

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    It took a little longer than 5 minutes as in FB there were postings about him maybe starting on Thursday or so...

but yes, I see what you mean by not a long time...
    I was essentially at the 75% of the Appalachian Trail. 2,200 Miles! I hung out in a hotel and drank beer and ate a lot of food and watched the US Open at Shinnecocke. I felt guilty for having spent multiple days in a hotel so I decided I’d do VT in one go, which I essentially did until I was recognized by a driver as being the “lost” kid.

Also, I tried to check messages so many times. So for those condemning me for not checking in, think otherwise. T-Mobile in VT is terrible. I literally climbed fire towers to see if I had any messages. I also checked at every major roadway. I didn’t have signal.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Big Puma View Post
    I was essentially at the 75% of the Appalachian Trail. 2,200 Miles! I hung out in a hotel and drank beer and ate a lot of food and watched the US Open at Shinnecocke. I felt guilty for having spent multiple days in a hotel so I decided I’d do VT in one go, which I essentially did until I was recognized by a driver as being the “lost” kid.
    so like i said, not out hiking that whole time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++