WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Any Dueter Love?

I am able to get an Aircontact Lite 65 or the 50+10 for $c.90, brand new from a friend with a hook in the industry Seems like a great deal, but I don't see much about them....

Some additional info:
    To be used for the HMW nobo the first week of the Sept
    I am tall, 6' 6", so the adjustability of torso length does appeal to me
    This will be my first modern internal frame pack, so I can't imagine being disappointed in any way (ie. comfort, weight)
    I'll be getting two, probably a women's specific version for my adult daughter. Increased savings...
    I'm not an ultra-lighter by any means, however most of the equipment I've purchased thus far has been on the lighter side. My time in the military makes me drool at the thought of carrying a relatively light 35 pound-ish anticipated load. So weight isnt much an issue. Although my experience has shown that plans do and will change

Thx in advance for the replies and this awesome site.....

For how much?

Either way, Dueter is a great company with great CS.
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Journal Entries

I have a Deuter. It's a little on the heavy side, almost 6 pounds, but I still use it regularly. It's rugged, fits me well, allows good air circulation to my back, and has room for all my stuff, and room for a large food bag. It's my preferred pack for cold weather, when I might want to bring an extra jacket (or two!).

If I were doing the HMW, I would definitely bring this pack.

My wife has two of their packs (45+10 and 60+10) and she loves them. They are well built and look to last quite some time (she is not into ultra light btw, so she's fine with the little added weight).

I have that pack - ACT Lite 65+10, great pack/love it, but I don't use it much any more as I've gone UL now and don't need the volume/weight.... except perhaps for winter camping.

I'm a Dueter convert... really keep trying to buy Opsrey, but then walking away with Dueter - I just find them to be more comfortable, fit my body better, carry the weight closer to my back, I like their design features, and finally, I seem to catch them on good sales which make it a real bargain.

I use an ACT Trail 24 as my EDC bag for half the year.

I like them, the ACT Zero was my first pack and I love the adjustability of them.

I’m happy with my ULA but I’ve been thinking about picking up another deuter from rei (employee discount heyohhhhhh) for shorter trips where I’m bringing extra stuff and my dog

I have the ACT Lite 45+10 and I love it. The only thing I wish it had was the retainers for trekking poles that Osprey has on their packs, but I just rigged some up from shock cord and it is nice. I'm not exactly sure of the weight, but as a fellow military guy, I feel your love for the lighter pack. As far as space goes, I did 5 days in the smokies in early February and still had room. Haven't tried putting a bear canister in yet. I have also had it for 5 years or so and it is still holding up after hikes in the smokies, Maine, and out in Joshua Tree National Park and Big Bear. I dig it.

Survival Lilly has one ... that's about all the endorsement I need!

https://youtu.be/G3DZX_GtUGg

Actually I know of a serious hiker stateside who has one too. So that second endorsement doesn't hurt either.

I have the Deuter ACT lite 65+10. I got it because I wanted the extra comfort and stability. It is definitely not for UL'ers. I was able to carry my gear and a bear can with some creative positioning.

Wow, thx for the great replies! Just have to decide which size to get now....

Thx and be safe

Normally, you can't do much wrong by buying a Deuter.
    They always had the "Guide"-products line which are extremely durable but heavy, and several others that are more consumer types.

The Aircontact Lite series is Deuter's answer to the Light (and to some limited extent Ultralight) movement sweeping over the hiking community.
    Well designed and manufactured, the much lower weight shows in a drop in durability.

When searching for a pack for my wife we had exactly the above mentioned pack in the focus.
    We finally decided to not buy it due to the hipbelt (the cushioned portion of it) not going round her wide hips.
    Most other details were ranging from good to perfect, IMHO.

My old pack I'm replacing is a Deuter......used it for well over 5 years with zero issues. They are a quality company with great customer service.

A friend of mine has a Dueter 65+10, he had to leave the trail I carried his for two miles was a lot heavier than my ULA Circuit, his was more comfortable & felt lighter.

I love my Deuter Act Lite 65+10. It is a little heavy, compared to some other packs, but it has never, ever hurt me, anywhere, even with a 32 pound winter load. For me, the balance and fit are excellent.

++ New Posts ++