WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Currently struggling with pf, not the first time... Flared up next morning after an evening 7 mile trail run wearing zero drop trail shoes, about one month ago. Slowly testing running in shoes that have good support; Hoka One One, very stiff shoes with thick cushy heels. This has just about cured my pf.
    Weekly training runs 10-20 miles (variable pain next morning). Training for a marathon July 23 with any luck.
    Donated away my zero drop shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    I think I'm experiencing this in my left foot...specifically the pain is only in the bottom of my heel, no pain at all in the arch. It could also be a heel stress fracture.I've been doing lots of calf and Achilles stretching, Advil and rolling my arch over a golf ball. May consider doing a cortisone shot so I can do my July section hike. Would be a bummer to have all the training go to waste.

Anyone have a magic bullet insert that will fit in a work shoe that worked wonders for you?
    The "magic bullet" for me was switching to Vibram Five-Finger Shoes. It was strange because I first tried Superfeet inserts. Superfeet provide additional arch support. They helped some, but someone talked me into trying the opposite -- fivefinger shoes have no arch support at all. The fivefinger shoes solved the problem. I hike without foot pain.
    Shutterbug

Quote Originally Posted by RockDoc View Post
    Currently struggling with pf, not the first time... Flared up next morning after an evening 7 mile trail run wearing zero drop trail shoes, about one month ago. Slowly testing running in shoes that have good support; Hoka One One, very stiff shoes with thick cushy heels. This has just about cured my pf.
    Weekly training runs 10-20 miles (variable pain next morning). Training for a marathon July 23 with any luck.
    Donated away my zero drop shoes.
    How much time/many miles did you have in the zero shoe? Did you come from a more conventional drop shoe?

I had pf about 20 years ago and since then have worn an orthodic in every pair of shoes or boots since with no more problems.What help me was rubbing the heel with ice and warming up the sole of the foot with a can of soup rolled back and forth on the carpet etc to stretch it out.The heel spurs I have will always be there but the orthodics are doing the job.I get mine at the insolestore.com.They have a large selection.

Support the arch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++