WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

less frequent...... hopefully they become less frequent.... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by twilight View Post
    . . . was some one else out there that was experiencing the exact same symptoms that I have been and in the areas I have been. But, I have not noticed anyone saying "yes, I've experienced that exact same thing". . .
    I suspect 1/2 the people that have responded have experienced crotch muscle cramps at one time or another. Just because they didn't specifically identify as having had the problem doesn't mean they haven't. You didn't specifically ask for people to share their personal experiences.

On that front. Heck yes, I've experienced crotch muscle cramps - inner thigh muscle cramps, whatever we want to call them. Mine occur most frequently following my first few days of cross country skiing each year. They are most often just sore muscles, but they do occasionally cramp up. I've never found electrolytes to be a solution to my relatively rare cramping. But, being surrounded by and coaching competitive endurance athletes most of my life, there is no doubt that many people, especially those that frequently have cramping problems find electrolytes to be an important part of the equation.
    I'm not surprised that pickle juice helps with cramping. It's some of the saltiest brine in most any household.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Pickle juice is pretty famous in my area to begin with. 9/3/00 it was said to help the Philadelphia Eagles annihilate the Dallas Cowboys 41-14 in the hottest game in NFL history. 130 degrees on the field. Players were given pickle juice by the trainers to avoid cramping. Duce Staley ran for 202 yards. It is commonly referred to as the "pickle juice game".

I have not tried it. Wouldn't rule it out though.

Nsherry61, forgive if I wasn't clear enough in my op when I asked for other people's "experience" with inner thigh pain and what they did to remedy it.

Twilight

I had leg cramps only when hiking. I researched it (sorry, it has been a few years, and I can't name my sources), and I read that Magnesium helped. I bought a bottle of that and started taking them two weeks before my hiking trip, during my trip, and for a week after it. I no longer have leg cramps. Take it as you will, but it works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by shelb View Post
    I had leg cramps . . . Magnesium helped. . .
    Yep. One of the major electrolytes that people often need extra of when exercising and sweating. . . sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++