WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    75 miles of the CT currently closed due to fires, Segments 22-23.
    Damn!! That's some of best parts.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Add the entire Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico. Forced Anish, Heather Anderson, to go to the PCT on her TC attempt.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Add the entire Santa Fe National Forest in New Mexico. Forced Anish, Heather Anderson, to go to the PCT on her TC attempt.
    Wayne
    I'm temporarily living in Santa Fe until late July. Right now, we can't even day-hike and the locals tell me the summer "monsoons" won't begin for another month. Having a virtually snowless winter exacerbated the conditions.

I don't blame the Forest Service. They did what they had to.

Next week we're heading to Apache Sitgreaves National Forest in Arizona's White Mountains where conditions are better (at least as of now).

75 miles of the CT currently closed due to fires, Segments 22-23.
    It's actually Segments 25-28.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...15337198486403

We were in Santa Fe mid-May. Always a pleasure. On our way to the Tetons and Yellowstone. No lack of snow in NW Wyoming. Yellowstone was soggy.
    Enjoy!
    Wayne

Fire is probably the biggest difference between the AT and the CDT & PCT. Closures, both brief and long term, change both trails frequently.
    A clever hiker could still finish in Durango and stay on the east side of the Animas river.
    Wayne

Fire is probably the biggest difference between the AT and the CDT & PCT. Closures, both brief and long term, change both trails frequently.
    A clever hiker could still finish in Durango and stay on the east side of the Animas river.
    Wayne
    Yeah, but depending on which way the wind is blowing you might not do your lungs any favors.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Yeah, but depending on which way the wind is blowing you might not do your lungs any favors.
    In that case, stop in Lake City or Creede.
    Wayne

Wayne

If one truly enjoys hiking and not hung up on bagging a complete XYZ trail by doing a thru hike of said XYZ at the signed CDT/CT junction at the top of Elk Creek Valley take the CDT to Wolf Creek Pass rather than the CT to Molas Pass OR Vallecito on the Vallecito Creek Tr. Easy enough to get a hitch out of Vallecito to Bayfield. From Bayfield hitch and get a bus to Alamosa. At Wolf Creek Ski Resort there're are 2X/ day shuttles to Pagosa Springs. If one can get to Alamosa there's bus and train connection to Denver. One can stay on the CDT to Chama NM(nera Dulce) too where there are trail angels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++