WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Thoughts on Bearpaw Wilderness Design tarps?

I was thinking of getting their DCF flat tarp (either 10x10 or 8.5x11). However checking reviews and photos of some very understandably disappointed buyers, I wanted to hear if there were any satisfied or irate customers here.

My backpacking buddy Patman (and also a whiteblaze member) uses a Bearpaw tarp and here's a few pics of it in action---

Here he is set up in Buckeye Camp on the Nutbuster trail (Upper Slickrock #42).

Here he is in Low Gap in the Big Frog wilderness.

I'll share what I've experienced/seen/heard. I decided not to order from him after contacting him to ask a few brief questions for an order. He was such a jerk - not just unhelpful but a jerk - I decided I couldn't trust him with an order and had no desire to reward him with business. Examples of stitching I've seen from him were at best functional but uneven and of much lower quality than good quality cottage manufacturers like MLD, Locus Gear, etc. Then I've heard/read not a small number of complaints about his workmanship and customer service, and at the same time I've heard of some customers who were satisfied with their order.

I was interested in a net tent and started researching. For me, no way I would order from that dude. His reputation is garbage.

Images

Horrible quality. Suspect Customer Service. Just do a Google search and you will find a lot to support the first two sentences.

Thanks everyone for their input. I think I'll stay away from them and look elsewhere.

++ New Posts ++