WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiker Dies Falling on Yosemite's Half Dome

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hiker-die...221358303.html

I've never even visited Yosemite yet but from what I've seen of the trail to the top of Half Dome looks both amazing and a little crazy. May that hiker RIP.
    AT Flip Flop (HF to ME, HF to GA) Thru Hike 2023; LT End-to-Ender 2017; NH 48/48 2015-2021; 21 of 159usForests.com

Quote Originally Posted by somers515 View Post
    I've never even visited Yosemite yet but from what I've seen of the trail to the top of Half Dome looks both amazing and a little crazy. May that hiker RIP.
    Fun hike. I sure wouldn't want to do it on wet rock though. That would be sketchy for certain.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Images

I'll be "hiking" up Halfdome in August. Got a "golden ticket" to hike the JMT. Thankfully, this accident is such a rare occurrence.

Condolences to this hiker's friends and family. Seems a thunderstorm may have been involved?
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Have fun climbing up Half Dome. I did it many years ago and had a blast doing it
    Conquest: It is not the Mountain we conquer but Ourselves

Sad to hear this. Will be doing Half Dome a couple of months from now as part of a 90 mile loop in Yosemite.

When we were at Yosemite about 5 years ago, NBC News did a live broadcast from just outside our room at the Lodge at the Falls about the large number of deaths at the park that year. Some fell down Half Dome, some go swimming and get swept over the falls, and others go on day hikes and just dissappear. In fact several bodies were found in the river along the mist trail the day after,we hiked up it. People tend to get swept away in the spring when the water is high and the bodies are found in the summer when the water levels drop.

++ New Posts ++