WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by gpburdelljr View Post
    That’s a pretty cynical view of people volunteering their time. I think most people are basically honest.
    If they are volunteering, then what’s the $15 for?

Quote Originally Posted by Tundracamper View Post
    If they are volunteering, then what’s the $15 for?
    Read my original post. The caretaker at Grey Knob does get paid but the rest of the club doesn't except for the trail crew which is definitely not a moneymaker. During the busy season volunteers will help out at Crag Camp. The camps are all in alpine terrain and the high usage requires special handling of human waste. The caretaker gets paid to work to shovel and process crap which tends to limit the number of folk interested in volunteering. Gray Knob is operated year round and kept minimally heated in winter. The wood is flown up via helicopter. Short term and long term maintenance to the facilities are also high and that needs to be funded somehow.

While the RMC has a paid trail crew to do the heavy lifting, we also have volunteer work parties, primarily for brushing and blazing of trails. Mostly its just a few of us who live in town, but anyone is welcome if you want to help out and meet some nice folks.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Now in 2023, current rates as per https://randolphmountainclub.org/camps/the-perch/ are:

SHELTER MEMBERS NON-MEMBERS
    [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Gray Knob[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 30.00[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 50.00[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Crag Camp[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 30.00[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 50.00[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]The Perch[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 15.00[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 20.00[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Log Cabin[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 15.00[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]$ 20.00[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Day-Use at All Shelters[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Free[/COLOR] [COLOR=var( --e-global-color-text )]Free[/COLOR]

And since they were mentioned in this thread, the rates for Liberty Springs Tentsite, Garfield Shelter, Guyot Shelter are all $15 -- cash is best (it's very difficult for them to process a card).

Well, unfortunately that post didn't work as planned -- I swear, I could read all the numbers before I hit "post".

Here are the rates for RMC facilities:

Fee TableSHELTER MEMBERS NON-MEMBERSGray Knob $30.00 $50.00Crag Camp $30.00 $50.00The Perch $15.00 $20.00Log Cabin $15.00 $20.00Day-Use at All Shelters Free Free

(These posts looking nothing like how I wrote them is just about enough to make me become a contributing member here, so as to be able to edit them, which I can't at the moment. Sorry!).

Quote Originally Posted by Ear Drum View Post
    (These posts looking nothing like how I wrote them is just about enough to make me become a contributing member here, so as to be able to edit them, which I can't at the moment. Sorry!).
    The link in post #24 shows the table properly.

The link in post #24 shows the table properly.
    Except that it has a bunch of words that make it tough to read (they are supposed to make things show in colors but instead the words are seen).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    Except that it has a bunch of words that make it tough to read (they are supposed to make things show in colors but instead the words are seen).
    When I go to

https://randolphmountainclub.org/camps/the-perch/

the table is clearly shown and not difficult to read at all.

When I go to

https://randolphmountainclub.org/camps/the-perch/

the table is clearly shown and not difficult to read at all.
    I meant the table shown in the post number you mentioned looks odd, not looking at the actual site. Figuring you meant that it was linked to that reply.

Again, sorry about those posts (#24 an #25). In both cases, they looked great in my post composition window; then I clicked "Post Quick Reply" and the results were very different and not too readable. And I can't edit my posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++