WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Damascus to MST Shuttle

Hi Yall, I hope trail days is awesome!

I am planning a section of the Mountains to Sea Trail and AT the first week of June and am trying to reach out to a trail angel/ driver in the Damascus area. The hike is about 600 miles and would be like a loop in which I would hike West on the MST and swing North in the Smokies to end in Damascus using the AT. Here is a link to a google map with my intended tracks:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pz...xA&usp=sharing

Any folks on here who might be able to let me park in/ near Damascus for ~40 days and shuttle me the 50 miles down to the start of the hike?

Cheers and Happy Hiking!
    CatNap
    GA-ME

You can leave your car at the library in Damascus long term. Maybe let them know how long you'll be so they don't become concerned. Give Larry with AT Shuttle Service a shout: 276.475.5546 He's been my shuttle guy whenever I come through Damascus. If for some reason that's out of his range, let me know. I have the card of someone who does long range shuttles out of Damascus, but I don't have her contact info on me at the moment, but can get it for you.
    It is what it is.

Thank you for the useful info JPritch!

Just let anyone else know about parking in Damascus. It is free and through the city of Damascus who requires you to register your vehicle with the police and allows you to park in a city lot (next to the library). Information can be found at: http://www.visitdamascus.org/parking/
    CatNap
    GA-ME

++ New Posts ++