WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Back to the Bob '18

I know it's a lost cause to post here but since I got nothing to do today I thought I might as well waste a minute of it here in the CDT room. Headed back to the Bob again this year to do a mixed hike and packraft. Since last year went so well and I gained new insights, I have no other choice but to double down on the Bob this year.

Currently planning to hike about 100 miles of hiking that should include the Chinese Wall, Brushy Park, Amphitheater, Hole-in-the-Wall, and Trilobite hunting (if I can find some Cambrian layers that I've heard about), and of course the elusive unpublished hidden waterfall-natural arch. Also, looking to packraft both the South Fork and Middle Fork which is about 140 miles. And finally going to do some Fly fishing (still don't know if a 5wt. fly rod will hold the 30" bull trout that I saw there last year), morel hunting (see if I can top the donkey dongs that I found in '04), and animal spotting. I always see a lot of animals but I've really got black mink, pine martin, and mountain goat on my mind (of course you could always go over to Glacier to see good wildlife- it's sort of fun to find it on your own and not to have hundreds of people pointing it out to you like some sort of freak show.)

Anyway, if you're in the Bob, in late June-early July, and you come across a solo... do say "hi".
    * Warning: I bite AND I do not play well with others! -hellkat-

I’m envious. I’m booked solid for 2018. I need to stop saying “Next year”. Just do it in 2019 Wayne!
    Good luck!
    Wayne

++ New Posts ++