WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sleeping pad durablity

I'm sure this has been talk about already, but if we only talked about new topics there would be nothing left to talk about.

As a side sleeper I like the thickness of the blowup pads. I like the weight of them too. I am also extremely careful with my gear but I seem to sleep on a flat pad more than a inflated one. Any recommendations for a light reliable blowup pad?

I now see i posted in the wrong forum.

Journal Entries

No sleeping pads work here or the general section. It would help if we knew went you plan to use it.
    Blackheart

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Forester View Post
    As a side sleeper I like the thickness of the blowup pads. I like the weight of them too. I am also extremely careful with my gear but I seem to sleep on a flat pad more than a inflated one. Any recommendations for a light reliable blowup pad?
    Can you clarify - you are looking for an inflatable pad because you're a side sleeper. Makes sense. But are you saying you sleep on a flat (CCF?) pad more often, or better, than an inflatable?

Packed volume of inflatable pads is a big advantage in their favor over CCF, which are several times the volume and nearly always strapped outside the pack. But nothing can touch CCF for fault-tolerance, or for noise - no potato chip bag crackling as you turn. Weights aren't very different. IMO it comes down to those tradeoffs.

Default Sleeping pad durablity

I think he means it goes flat.

++ New Posts ++