WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Numbers

Default Numbers

Just finished SNP SOBO. Met 5-10 thru hikers a day, I'd guess 100 so far since leaving Harper's Ferry 14 days ago.

I'm working my way into the big bubble now.

BTW, the SNP isn't as easy as many of you claim it to be
    Off to points south today...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Just finished SNP SOBO. Met 5-10 thru hikers a day, I'd guess 100 so far since leaving Harper's Ferry 14 days ago.

Well Virginia doesn't let up south of Rockfish...lol Next hundo or so have its ups and downs
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

THANK YOU. I had this very same thought when I did the same section SOBO last fall. Even acknowledging my age, lack of "trail legs", and general wimpiness, I was still amazed that this area is so often considered "fairly flat and very easy" hiking. I spent several days feeling very inadequate. (Then I decided to just forget about all y'all and enjoy myself )

I hope you are enjoying your hike, and I look forward to hearing more as you move south.
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Images

thats ok, 80% of the hiking trails in the world arent as hard as you make them sound

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    THANK YOU. I had this very same thought when I did the same section SOBO last fall. Even acknowledging my age, lack of "trail legs", and general wimpiness, I was still amazed that this area is so often considered "fairly flat and very easy" hiking. I spent several days feeling very inadequate. (Then I decided to just forget about all y'all and enjoy myself )

I hope you are enjoying your hike, and I look forward to hearing more as you move south.
    I think our claims of this section being "easy" are just with respect to the rest of the trail. I firmly believe the SNP section, with it's gentle terrain (mostly) and abundant waysides, etc, is one of the very easiest sections of the entire AT. But not THAT "easy" on an absolute basis, sorry if any previous post I made misled anyone! I thought I had said "compared to the rest of the trail", but perhaps I did not.

Slo: Did you run in to a retired Air Force General named "Hoot" (Dave G) by chance? I think he just hiked NOBO thru SNP on his full AT thru quest.

I went through SNP last year NOBO and everyone told me it was easy before I hit it. What a load of BS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks too many other hikers who consider it easy were probably smoking some funny weed.

I leave for Wind Gap, PA in a little more than two weeks. From your report, it sounds like I'll be in the middle of the bubble or at least on the northern tip of it. I'm heading NOBO again. Being a slow hiker, I'll probably get run over by the bubble.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldsailor View Post
    I went through SNP last year NOBO and everyone told me it was easy before I hit it. What a load of BS. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks too many other hikers who consider it easy were probably smoking some funny weed.

I leave for Wind Gap, PA in a little more than two weeks. From your report, it sounds like I'll be in the middle of the bubble or at least on the northern tip of it. I'm heading NOBO again. Being a slow hiker, I'll probably get run over by the bubble.
    Just like the easy level many rate SNP, and the torturous rocks of PA, the "Bubble" is over rated as well. There have never been so many people eon the trail that it kept me from enjoying myself. I also love to people watch so maybe I actually enjoy more people lol

Journal Entries

Hope you brung your clicker.
    download.jpeg

++ New Posts ++