WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Utz pretzels:
    Looking at the Sam’s Club inventory. Do you use the straight sided container with the largest opening?
    Wayne
    It's been a few years since I actually bought one. The 28 ounce sourdough specials looks like what I use - it has a screw top. Might not be the biggest opening, but easy enough to fit a hand, or a typical mountain house meal pouch.

I use a Folgers coffee tub.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    It's been a few years since I actually bought one. The 28 ounce sourdough specials looks like what I use - it has a screw top. Might not be the biggest opening, but easy enough to fit a hand, or a typical mountain house meal pouch.
    Thank you!
    Wayne

I don’t mind my pop tarts being all crumbled, kind of like eating granola.
    We don’t stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking.
    - Finis Mitchell

https://lighterpack.com/r/6yyu2j

Images

I crumble mine up in a bowl, pour on milk and enjoy. What's not to like about broken PopTarts? PopTarts with out frosting

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    . . .PopTarts with out frosting
    Now, that's disgusting!

That's like drinking decaffeinated coffee. Heck, heroine addicts may as well just start injecting saline solution as an excuse to poke needles in their arms.

What's the point?

What's the world coming to?
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by zelph View Post
    . . . PopTarts with out frosting
    A few years ago, my wife joined me on the AT for a week. A young hiker was looking over the food he had just received in his mail drop and immediately gave away the pop tarts sans frosting. My wife said, "You shouldn't do that, it was from your mother". He replied, "It is proof that my mother doesn't love me. Who would mail their child pop tarts without frosting?".

A friend of my mine used to spread peanut butter on them to hold them together.

I thought it was brilliant but never cared enough to make myself do it, and would just pull the broken pieces apart and eat them price by price. Then maybe have a few spoonfuls of PB

I HATE pop tarts!,,!! I use truck for a few years, one delivery was pop tarts. Backing into the dock the sun got in my mirror and caused me to hit the dock a little hard. Really upset the dock boss so he told me the load was a driver unload, than I made the mistake of correcting him! After a call to my dispatcher he informed me it was definitely a drive unload and to really make it worse a finger print unload, which means I had to touch EVERY box in that damn trailer! All 44,000# of pop tarts. To this day I still HATE them and knew just how many different favors they come in! So to end my post smash them crumble them whatever it takes to destroy them!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    I HATE pop tarts!,,!! I use truck for a few years, one delivery was pop tarts. Backing into the dock the sun got in my mirror and caused me to hit the dock a little hard. Really upset the dock boss so he told me the load was a driver unload, than I made the mistake of correcting him! After a call to my dispatcher he informed me it was definitely a drive unload and to really make it worse a finger print unload, which means I had to touch EVERY box in that damn trailer! All 44,000# of pop tarts. To this day I still HATE them and knew just how many different favors they come in! So to end my post smash them crumble them whatever it takes to destroy them!
    So you're the guy that busted up all those poptarts and made the entire AT disgruntled

I like the "in a bowl with milk - like cereal" idea but then I thought, I don't carry a bowl or milk.

But then I realized...

I have a toaks mug. And powdered milk would be easy to carry!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Journal Entries
    Images

Send them (all the unfrosted poPTarts) all my way - they are the only ones I'm not allergic to (I used to preferred frosted).
    Quote Originally Posted by nsherry61 View Post
    Now, that's disgusting!

That's like drinking decaffeinated coffee. Heck, heroine addicts may as well just start injecting saline solution as an excuse to poke needles in their arms.

What's the point?

What's the world coming to?
    Plaid is fast! Ticks suck, literally... It’s ok, bologna hoses off…
    Follow my hiking adventures: https://www.youtube.com/user/KrizAkoni
    Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alphagalhikes/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++