My list keeps getting longer.
Each time I hike one of them, I meet others who give me new ideas.
So, I just did "Walls of Jerusalem" in Tasmania and last year did the Via Dinarica in the former Yogoslavia. As well as Mt Kinabalu in Borneo 2 years ago
I'm heading to Taiwan in July to do a few hikes in the Shei-Pa National Park there. )Probably the Wuling Sizeu trail, although I'll decide more when I'm there.
Still on my bucket list: The Swedish section of the E1 trail (1400 kms about the same length as the Via Dinarica, although colder climate)
And New Zealand. Not sure which one but I'm waiting until a good hiking friend of mine can get time that coincides with mine and then I'll let him choose as he's been there before.
I'd like to go back to Tassie and do the western Arthur way but not alone. Again, when a very experienced hiking friend of mine can join me, we'll do that one.
There's one in south China I would like to hit someday but will wait until my son can speak Mandarin as he's in school where they teach that now.
The mountains of northern Slovenia looked very inviting when I passed through there on our way to start the Via Dinarica.
They are a southern extension of the Dolomites I guess but a MUCH less expensive country than Italy.
So, the list grows and grows.
I don't think I could handle any of the big 3 in the sates again. Just can't take the hiking crowds anymore.
I prefer places off the beaten path with no crowded trails.