WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Class of 2019

I'm (re)starting 03Apr2019.

IdahoVagabond - I started 4/09 this year and it was fairly crowded through the smokies. Crowds picked up again around Damascus but nothing too terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoVagabond View Post
    I'm looking at starting around mid-April. Hopefully late enough to avoid the overcrowding but still early enough to not contend with Baxter closing before I get there. I don't want to be in a hurry either.
    Just FYI, it doesn't technically close. At Rangers discretion, or no later than October 15th, BSP is closed to overnight camping. Considering it is around a 4 hour climb, a 4 hour descent and then hike in and out....in early October with few daylight hours...is the issue.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Images

Maybe, chances get better everyday as 2018 creeps along. If so, end of February 2019 start. If not, 2020 but lets not think like that.

l0ngterm

Images

Louise and I will be starting our Flip-Flop, heading NOBO from Harpers Ferry on (or about) May 1st.

Hey bud..... How far did you get b4 your knee gave out?

Hello I'm planning a thru hike and would love to get a group going on to attempt this adventure. Heading northbound and would like to head out late February, early march. If interested lets talk.
    You can also email me personally @ [email protected]

Hope to hear from you. Happy Trails

Quote Originally Posted by BowGal View Post
    While voluntary, I registered my hike with the ATC. My start date is March 18.
    I also purchase out of country travel insurance for six months (I’m from Canada)
    Also considering my thru-hike in 2019. Have you looked at Cel Plans ? I'm from NB, Canada !

D

Have my date set at a March 18th! Going to be getting to Georgia the day prior (in from Cali). I'm not sure if I'm going to be doing the approach trail as of yet, too busy gathering my gear and dealing with other anxieties to worry about that now.

Hey All! Was hoping to full thru hike in 2019 but just wasn't able to make it work. Instead I will be doing a 2 month long section hike. Hoping to start May 13 around Damascus for trail days and the head NOBO from there. Hoping to make it to the New Jersey/New York border. Shooting for 800+ Miles. Hope to see you all out there. Will be looking to meet people at Trail Days. Let me know if you would be interested meeting up! You should all be well warmed up at that point

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++