I’m selling my old Kurt Russell, handmade, Wanderlust “Nomad” single wall one person tent. Arguably, this is the tent that started the lightweight, silnylon, trekking pole-supported type of tent. Of course that’s not a reason to buy it. The main reason is the total weight below 2.5lbs for everything needed to take it to the woods. Includes the tent, stakes, guys, poles and tyvek footprint.

I usually pack the tent loosely into its stuff sack so it’s squishable and easy to fit inside my pack. Then wrap the poles, stakes and rigging in the footprint and attach it to the outside of my pack. I’m upgrading to a BA Tigerwall for a bit more room and larger vestibule.

This tent is not free standing (3 stakes, minimum), but can go onto most tent platforms with a bit of McGyvering.

It’s not bombproof, I wouldn’t set it up on a ridge top on a stormy night, tho it has survived some pretty stormy nights in the woods. It’s a bit small for nightly tenting on a long distance hike, but would work well for the occasional stealth site, or as a backup when the shelter is full or unpleasant. Great for a 4-5 day trip.

I’ve got about 75 nights on it, and it performs well in a variety of conditions. On very damp/cool nights, the inside does want to be wiped down in the morning, or aired out at lunchtime. There’s room inside for me (5-11”), and my pack (w/o food and smellables). Vestibule under the awning is a bit tight, but I cooked dinner under it on one rainy night. When it’s windy, I add two more guys to the awning to keep it from flapping around as much. Two additional silnylon panels Velcro over the bottom of the mesh to catch splash back off the ground in heavy rains.

Asking $100 + shipping for the whole 2.5lb package: tent, poles for awning and internal spreading bars, stakes, rigging and footprint. Some photos attached. PM me w/offer. Goes on Craig’s List next week.
Tent for Sale (1).jpg

Cosmo