Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-21-2002
    Location
    cincinnati,oh
    Posts
    189
    Images
    1

    Default Nobo's and the National Guard

    The NG has been deployed to Santa Teresa, NM. I wonder if they will be patrolling around Crazy Cook? Santa Teresa is near El Paso.

    APPLE

  2. #2

    Default

    Given how open the border is there, I wouldn't be surprised. We were checked out by airplanes twice in the first couple of days and had an INS team come talk to us after a rancher reported us near his ranch. http://spiriteaglehome.com/CDT06%20i...4%20Border.jpg

  3. #3

    Default

    The link is a picture of the border at Crazy Cook.

  4. #4

    Default

    Looks pretty secure to me

  5. #5
    Registered User Venchka's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-20-2013
    Location
    Upper East Side of Texas
    Age
    73
    Posts
    8,279

    Default

    They are on your side.
    No Worries.
    The Border Patrol rescued Anish last year from an approaching tornado.
    Wayne

  6. #6

    Default

    Shouldn't be any problem with the National Guard, they won't be on patrols per se since they cannot be used for civil law enforcement. They will provide support for the border patrol though, likely with drones and other detection tools.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    They are on your side.
    No Worries.
    The Border Patrol rescued Anish last year from an approaching tornado.
    Wayne
    Worked out well last time

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...sence-in-1997/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    Worked out well last time

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...sence-in-1997/




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Certainly a tragedy, but no reason to not secure a Country's borders.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Certainly a tragedy, but no reason to not secure a Country's borders.
    You don't need the national guard, if you don't want folks from Mexico here then don't hire them. Oh, wait then you can't get your house built, your beef processed, your fruit and vegetables picked, your office cleaned or your elderly cared for.
    If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasBob View Post
    You don't need the national guard, if you don't want folks from Mexico here then don't hire them. Oh, wait then you can't get your house built, your beef processed, your fruit and vegetables picked, your office cleaned or your elderly cared for.
    Damn, I had no idea, when do they have time to run drugs, prostitution and dare I say it, (itís a thread killer)...

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-21-2018
    Location
    West Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Crazy Cook is a 3 hour drive from Santa Teresa. National Guard will not be there.

    People have been hiking the PCT and CDT from the Mexican border for decades.

    Border Patrol may stop and investigate if they see you walking in the desert or you trip a sensor, but they are familiar with thru hiking and will let you carry on.

    Might be a good idea to wait to pick up any edibles or oils until you reach Pagosa Springs.

    Good question though, the border is a mystery for 99% of Americans.

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •