WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Used my HG 11' Hammock Tarp to go to the ground. Worked out well, but felt the 40 x96 inch Polycro groundsheet wasn't wide enough.
    2017 - Buffalo River Trail 11.jpg

I have a kelty noah tarp, but have never used it as primary backpacking shelter...only as a porch when car camping with scouts, and once for security over an old tent as a second fly. HEavy I suppose for a lightweight shelter type tarp. I am intrigued though by the idea of tarp camping..... too many bugs and snakes here in FL for me though.

I've really enjoyed watching evan's backpacking videos on youtube. He tarps with a bivy under it, usually shows his set-ups each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    Its easy to set up a plain tarp with opposite corners toward each tree and the other two corners to stakes. Takes a couple of minutes. An 8x10 tarp needs >14 feet between trees this way, and works well with an 11 ft. hammock. This has kept me dry in hideous downpours. I suppose a 9x9 might be better, if you can find one.
    Ive set up my full tarp on the ground a couple of times just to get a feel for it, and it’s really no different than sleeping in a shelter half. I’ve been eyeing some of the pyramid tarp tents like those from MLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Gear Camo tarp with doors. Dutch bling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++