WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    Doesn’t the bottle work with the filter?

I thought the filter was pretty much the same but the bottle uses its own foam mechanism
    The filter is a scaled down version of the Squeeze, with a better flow rate. It works independently from the bottle, which has some kind of foam in it, but is big and clunky, not well suited suited backpacking (I checked it out at REI). I'm planning to buy either when they sell the filter separate or discount the kit to a price that makes sense (maybe $30), throwing the bottle away.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Clifton View Post
    The filter is a scaled down version of the Squeeze, with a better flow rate. It works independently from the bottle, which has some kind of foam in it, but is big and clunky, not well suited suited backpacking (I checked it out at REI). I'm planning to buy either when they sell the filter separate or discount the kit to a price that makes sense (maybe $30), throwing the bottle away.
    The filter is essentially the Sawyer Mini, already sold separately. The bottle is a pretty amazing design that does what the filter does not. The foam in the bottle does chemistry to kill viruses, and/or remove heavy metals, chemicals, etc, depending on which bottle system you choose. And the bottle works a lot like a bottle, is shaped like a bottle, weighs about as much as a bottle, but does all the chemical magic with your water, so I'm not sure what the problem you see with the bottle is.

Actually, given what these magic bottles do compared to anything else available on the market that can do the same thing, those sawyer purifiers are pretty awesomely light and affordable and fast if you want what they deliver on.

Personally, getting me to even filter my water for bacteria and protozoa is an accomplishment. Getting me to pay additional dollars, weight and time for my water processing to include removal of viruses, heavy metals, and organics is more than I'm interested in for backcountry drinking. BUT, for 3rd world water or front-country water, or paranoid backpackers, these things should be fantastic.
    I'm not lost. I'm exploring.

I have just seen to many negative reviews on the be free system and to many good reviews on the sawyer squeeze to choose anything different.
    Sawyer seems to lead the pack by a long shot.

Deliriously happy with my 3.75 ounce BeFree filter and 2 liter Hydrapak Seeker soft bottle.
    Have fun Y’all!
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Deliriously happy with my 3.75 ounce BeFree filter and 2 liter Hydrapak Seeker soft bottle.
    Have fun Y’all!
    Wayne
    Me too. I originally bought the BeFree with the .7L flask, and then got one with the 1L flask. I also have a 2 and a 3 liter Hydrapak soft bladder to complement and for long water carries when needed. So amazingly easy to resupply water with these. They make what used to be a chore a pleasant experience.

Couldn't be happier with my BeFree. My wife uses the Sawyer and she likes that, but we haven't been out together to compare the two side by side yet.

Before the BeFree I used a Steripen. Never again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++