Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Fantastic! Glad you got that sorted.
    For anyone else, here is the Cleveland NF PCT page:
    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cleve...d=FSEPRD488307

Wayne
    Man, I poked around for a half an hour trying to get to that page, couldn't do it from the CNF home page with my old eyes and lack of patience.... This should be a sticky on the PCT forum, I would think.

Glad to help.
    If I quote that post and your post and add some bad words perhaps a moderator will see it and make the link a sticky. Right after the real truth about bear cans on the AT sticky.
    Have fun!
    Wayne

I'm surprised that more long distance PCT hikers (including thru hikers) don't simply start at Mile 152 (near Idyllwild) which is the first trailhead where the 50/day quota does not apply. It would be logical to do a flip flop from there heading north and then coming back to finish up the final 152 miles pretty much anytime in the fall. The only potential place where weather could be an issue for the first 150 miles is Mt. Laguna and it is unlikely to be a problem to PCT flip floppers coming back down to finish up in October or even November.

PCT in SoCal is great, one of my favorites, and it is perhaps more so because I went in dreading it as being "all desert" in the spring of 2015 but it was anything but all desert and definitely not boring.

If I wanted to walk the PCT in springtime I'd definitely start near Idyllwild.

Wheels turning.
    Idyllwild to Campo finishing April 1 ish.
    Flip back to Idyllwild and stay ahead of the crowds. Snow allowing NOBO of course.
    A person would have to dial back their “gotta go in a straight line all the way through” OCD.
    Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++