WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Pikes Peak cog railroad

just read an article that the pikes peak cog railroad will not be open this spring & possibly closed for good.

Journal Entries

That's a bit surprising - I took a ride in it some 2 years ago and the train was packed.

Very curious as I am often in the area. I looked at the page. Apparently its an infrastructure concern-- that it's runs its course. Not really popularity. If it were to be reopened, it is likely it would have to be completely redesigned and built--from another page. Sounds $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ505 View Post
    Very curious as I am often in the area. I looked at the page. Apparently its an infrastructure concern-- that it's runs its course. Not really popularity. If it were to be reopened, it is likely it would have to be completely redesigned and built--from another page. Sounds $$$.
    Colorado is making so much money on Mary-jane, they can afford to fix it! if they want to. we road the train last summer, glad i got a chance to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrumbSnatcher View Post
    Colorado is making so much money on Mary-jane, they can afford to fix it! if they want to. we road the train last summer, glad i got a chance to try it.
    Sounds like they are trying. They are bringing in all sorts of people who build these-- would think they, of any state, could afford it.

++ New Posts ++