Hello everyone,
Be gentle, first post

Some background:

My late 70s mother has always wanted to hike the AT. She's been a hiker and skier all her life, and is doing 8-10mile walks to prepare (though mostly flat ground). awesome. I'm full-time rv living, working remotely and require internet access (cellular). Since I was going to be in Memphis, I suggested she fly out and we go someplace along the trail where I can work and she can hike. We'll have 2-3 weeks.

What I'm thinking:

If I can find a couple rv park locations (with good cell signals) not too far (hour or less preferably) from a couple/few trail heads for day hikes, and maybe a couple overnight trips. She can drive out for day trips while I work, we can maybe do some overnight trips on weekends, or we'll get lucky and she'll join a local group for some hikes. It seems Asheville and Roanoke areas might be good options for this. Time frame is late May to early June. Georgia could also be an option, though I was thinking it may be too warm by then. Further north is harder to get to in our time frame, but not out of the question. We may want to end up in Roanoke or Charlottesville so she can catch a flight home.

My question for those who know more than I do (about everyone here), are those reasonable locations for easy to moderate difficulty day hikes? Are there other locations I should be looking into? The area between Hampton and Damascus looks interesting, but likely harder for me to work. Am I hoping for too much to get both work and trail access?

Thanks!