WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default good hammocking sites at Abol and Katahdin Stream campgrounds?

I want to make a reservation at one of these in the next couple of days, and I strongly prefer sleeping in a hammock. I tried phoning BSP for advice, but no one is picking up. Can anyone suggest good sites to book?

You need to stay inside the perimeter of the tentsite, which limits the sites you can hang at.
    AT KSC try sites 21, 22, and 23.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Thanks, Teej. Any good hammocking sites at Abol? Or sites to avoid?

Abol bridge campground is a commercial operation. Looks like there maybe trees around the perimeter of the tent sites which might be used. Best call them and see what they say, or if they will allow it.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Any good hammocking sites at Abol? Or sites to avoid?
    Abol is more 'in the trees' than KSC, HQ would probably be able to suggest a site there. Avoid the lean-to sites, no tenting allowed.
    Abol bridge campground is a commercial operation.
    He means the Abol Campground inside Baxter at the base of the Abol Slide, on the tote road about 2 miles south of Katahdin Stream Campground.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Yes, I did mean Abol Campground inside BSP. And just for the record, I'm female.

++ New Posts ++