Hi WB experts. While I’ve backpacked solo for 5-6 days 5-10x a year, I’ve always packed accordingly. Never had to deal with resupply or some other issues I have questions about.

1. I’m set on using a canister stove. They’ve never let me down.
A 100g canister weighs approx 190g full. You can boil approx. 10L...which if my math is correct...that’d give me 2L per day for five days (1L in am and 1L for dinner)
A 227 canister weighs 388g...and about 20L boiled water.

My question for experienced thru hikers: hiking the AT with all the plentiful resupply points, go with the lighter canister and replace every 4-5 days...or go with the 227g one and not have to worry about replacing fuel as often?

2. When I backpack for short trips, I dig a cat hole 30-40 feet from my sleeping area, brush my teeth and spit there. What do you do on the AT where there are people everywhere? Where ya spit your toothpaste? Dumb question, I know.

3. Trail magic/angels - is it assumed all trail angels do what they do for free? Do any of them get offended if one was to tip? Or if someone offers a shuttle, do you try to tip?

4. My hope is that I can stick with my tent most of the time. Not keen on shelters because I don’t like mice...but get grumpy if I get no sleep from snorers. My hubby wears a Cpap mask at home...and if it weren’t for that...well, I’m sure I’d of put a pillow over his head.
Having said all that, it slate afternoon...I saunter into my expected stop for the night...and all tent pads are filled. If pads are all filled, do I have to move on, or can I pitch a tent somewhere...observing LNT of course.

5. I’m buying the Ursack plus the OPsak no odour bags. Curious, do I need to buy the Ursack Minor bag as well? Or can I get away with the no odour bags inside the Ursack?
I’ve been using the PCT method for a few years now...does the Ursack need to be hung PCT style, or can it be tied to a thick branch using the knots recommended by Ursack tutorial videos?

Thanks so much