WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Screenshot_20181029-122222.jpg

I didn't realize Anish was doing her remaining AT miles Sobo. It turns out she and I summited Katahdin on the same day!! It would have been awesome to meet her, but even though I had no idea she was around, it truly was a great day to be up there. The sunshine and fall colors were incredible. Her most recent post said she has less than 500 miles to go on the CDT. She's on track to finish the Triple Crown in under nine months. Wow!!!
    A.T. 2018 Thru-hiker
    Follow along at www.tefltrekker.com

As of her last IG post this morning, she has hit New Mexico!

Does anyone know what her official start date was when she started NoBo on the AT?

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Does anyone know what her official start date was when she started NoBo on the AT?
    If I'm looking at the correct date on her Instagram photo on Springer, March 13 was the date she posted being on Springer.
    BUT! All these dates are on her Instragram photos and I'm sure they were the POSTING date of the photo, not when she was actually at that location. Case in point, her Kathadin photo is like October 24. Her date being back at the VT/NH line, was October 25.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Educated guesstimate:
    She started in February.
    Don’t trust me. She will publish her exact dates later this month when she finishes in New Mexico.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by rhjanes View Post
    If I'm looking at the correct date on her Instagram photo on Springer, March 13 was the date she posted being on Springer.
    BUT! All these dates are on her Instragram photos and I'm sure they were the POSTING date of the photo, not when she was actually at that location. Case in point, her Kathadin photo is like October 24. Her date being back at the VT/NH line, was October 25.
    thanks, I know she delays posting photos and updates a few days if not longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Educated guesstimate:
    She started in February.
    Don’t trust me. She will publish her exact dates later this month when she finishes in New Mexico.
    Wayne
    I suspect so also. I think her Instagram posts are 2 weeks or more, behind her.

Do you know where she will "publish her exact dates" at? I'm wondering about her back and forth on the trails. I think the PCT was the only "started, finished" without heading to another trail.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

I don’t do Facebook, etc.
    If she doesn’t say anything on Instagram, I’m in the dark.
    Wayne

I strongly suspect she has excellent and complete documentation. Patience, people.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

I believe she started the AT (and got engaged!) on Springer mountain on March 1st. She is vague about her routes and dates, but occasionally will post an exact location and date several weeks later, such as the Katahdin pic not posted until the 24th but revealing that she was there on the 5th.

I remember reading a comment on the IG post about the March 1st start date along the lines of "So it's going to be a one-year triple crown, not a calendar year, right?" and she responded "Nope! All 2018. I just shorted myself two months." So her "calendar year" was going to be 10 months maximum, and it's looking like it could be less than 9. She's amazing!
    A.T. 2018 Thru-hiker
    Follow along at www.tefltrekker.com

Quote Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post
    I believe she started the AT (and got engaged!) on Springer mountain on March 1st. She is vague about her routes and dates, but occasionally will post an exact location and date several weeks later, such as the Katahdin pic not posted until the 24th but revealing that she was there on the 5th.

I remember reading a comment on the IG post about the March 1st start date along the lines of "So it's going to be a one-year triple crown, not a calendar year, right?" and she responded "Nope! All 2018. I just shorted myself two months." So her "calendar year" was going to be 10 months maximum, and it's looking like it could be less than 9. She's amazing!
    She is also quite a fine writer. Perhaps she'll take some time off trail to put her adventures to paper. Or at least to electronic media.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KnightErrant View Post

I actually surprised that it took her that long. Given that he has held many long trail records at one time or another I would have thought she would have bested Swami’s (just under 8 month CYTC) time especially with doing two flips vs. continuous thru hikes that Swami did. Sounds like there was another CYTC this year, at least one PCT yo-yo and a Great Western Loop. I wonder what that next big challenge will be. How about someone do the All In trek for real.
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

I was surprised to learn how many people have done a CYTC:

Flyin Bryan
    Squeaky
    Trauma
    Swami
    Legend
    Mikepapadatos (finished 10/26/18, his first ever thruhike, first Canadian, 268 days total, 241 days hiking)

Anish will be number 7.

Heather should get a postscript beside her name for having to deal with the CDT being closed in large parts of New Mexico and Colorado early in her hike.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Heather should get a postscript beside her name for having to deal with the CDT being closed in large parts of New Mexico and Colorado early in her hike.
    Wayne
    its irrelevant when you consider she was trail hopping instead of completing each in turn, she took the easy way out(for such a monumental hike that is)

I was following along on Yoda's CDT blog (she completed....this was also her TC, each done in a separate year) and she and another hiker she was teamed up with, also had to skip out of Southern CO. The snows were knee deep with drifts.....over that. So they skipped up to WY. Returned to complete the skipped parts.

There is now an Instragram photo by Anish.....Completed the CYTC!! At Grants NM. She list that she started on Springer on March 1. Flyin' Brian (first CYTC) hiked the final 10 miles with her.

Congrats to Anish!!!!
    Last edited by rhjanes; 11-08-2018 at 23:56.

Heck yes, first image I saw when I just opened IG! What an epic journey, so freaking inspiring.

Congrats Anish!

Wow............

Seventh person to do a CYTC, and the first woman to do a CYTC.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++