WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Exactly why I said that you should verify the rate with someone at Enterprise, Jasper would be perfect. Otherwise you might get a triple digit surprise.
    I once lamented and criticized the absence of independent research in the internet age. I was severely flamed. Perhaps the truth hurts?
    Wayne
    Gotcha... trust but verify

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    less then 35 miles from Cumming enterprise to the park via GA-9 and one other route also, not saying that's short but big difference from 45-55

not trying to be an ass but if Uber isn't worth it for someone maybe they shouldn't be doing it? .... I give a good tip anytime I use it for what it's worth ... are you supposed to stay in town only with Uber or only do short trips? .... then on the other hand I hear people say short trips aren't worth it for them. I would think somebody that's been doing Uber can't expect to just stay in Cumming or any certain area....

I live in cumming, if you didnt see next to my name, FWIW. Are you assuming MARTA bus from North Springs station to get to Cumming? It's 56 miles from my house in cumming and I live right next to 400 and hwy 9. Uber driver isnt going to take HWY 9. And Uber drivers in Cumming are going to want to stick to area or head south. There is nothing north of the county. For all this, you might as well just get Uber from the furthermost north you can get on MARTA

Images

all that trouble and i charge 80 bucks to amicalola from Gainesville and marta . why are you making it so hard on yourself man

exactly what I was thinking. no doubt there are cheaper options but why go through the trouble.
    im gonna have enough on my mind. hire a local guy they do it all the time. sit back and relax.
    either way good luck maybe see you out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefurther View Post
    all that trouble and i charge 80 bucks to amicalola from Gainesville and marta . why are you making it so hard on yourself man

Quote Originally Posted by Nycauburn View Post
    I live in cumming, if you didnt see next to my name, FWIW. Are you assuming MARTA bus from North Springs station to get to Cumming? It's 56 miles from my house in cumming and I live right next to 400 and hwy 9. Uber driver isnt going to take HWY 9. And Uber drivers in Cumming are going to want to stick to area or head south. There is nothing north of the county. For all this, you might as well just get Uber from the furthermost north you can get on MARTA
    I only mentioned Cumming cause I ended up there reserving an out of state car rental and that was the best option they were giving for a drop off location. I went on google maps and they give 3 options to "418 Amicalola Falls State Park Rd" ... and all 3 are under 35 miles .... Uber Fare lists it just under 32 miles the way they would route the driver. I only mentioned Uber because someone mentioned it and I happened to have looked it up, I'm not trying to be cheap or find the cheapest but it seemed like a good option from what I looked up. Am I missing something? .... not trying to be a wise ass, drop off 518 Atlanta Rd. and I'm seeing under 35 miles to Amicalola with every route I see showing up, 56 miles seems like it would send you past Cumming unless the towns that big.

Images

the trail is a place to escape the chaotic world that we live in for me . i won't give my cash to big companies like uber , etc . unless i have too . if you ever need anything give me a shout . hike safely ... peace my friend . i'm all over the mtns here in ga and n.c. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++