Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I'm in a trivia kinda mood. Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables? Are eggplants and peppers fruits? Are zucchini fruits or vegetables. How about cucumbers? Do they fit into keto or paleo low carb diets? What common nutrient is extremely high in all of them?
    Water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Energy providing nutrient?

Good though.

Energy providing nutrient? Good though.
    Carbs — of a very broad variety. Mono-, di-, oligo-, poly-saccharides, muco-polysaccharides, … the list goes on. The stuff of plants. The stuff of photosynthesis.

“There’s no stigma in being a botanist.”

I'm in a trivia kinda mood. Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables? Are eggplants and peppers fruits? Are zucchini fruits or vegetables. How about cucumbers? Do they fit into keto or paleo low carb diets? What common nutrient is extremely high in all of them?
    LOL. Tomatoes are actually fruits. They used to be called the "love fruit" or something like that. Evidently peppers are technically fruits as well.

You've got me stumped with all these questions. All I know is these foods don;t raise my blood sugars so I eat them. OK, tomatoes do but I eat some of them anyway. Need them on my salads.

I hope you answer your own questions for me.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Quote Originally Posted by Traillium View Post
    “There’s no stigma in being a botanist.”

"What a humus."
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    LOL. Tomatoes are actually fruits. They used to be called the "love fruit" or something like that. Evidently peppers are technically fruits as well.

You've got me stumped with all these questions. All I know is these foods don;t raise my blood sugars so I eat them. OK, tomatoes do but I eat some of them anyway. Need them on my salads.

I hope you answer your own questions for me.
    The bot knows all too well they are all ripened ovaries, seed bearing structures from flowering plants - fruits. Traillium is just playing coy with this Hort head.

As a percentage of major caloric providing macronutrients (fats, carbs, protein) breakdown in a food's total calories(not caloric density which measures calories by wt or volume), mostly complex carbs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++