Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 101 to 105 of 105
  1. #101
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-13-2015
    Location
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    68
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I'm in a trivia kinda mood. Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables? Are eggplants and peppers fruits? Are zucchini fruits or vegetables. How about cucumbers? Do they fit into keto or paleo low carb diets? What common nutrient is extremely high in all of them?
    Water.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-28-2007
    Location
    Georgia and Hawaii
    Posts
    17,332

    Default

    Energy providing nutrient?

    Good though.

  3. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-13-2015
    Location
    Orangeville, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    68
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Energy providing nutrient? Good though.
    Carbs — of a very broad variety. Mono-, di-, oligo-, poly-saccharides, muco-polysaccharides, … the list goes on. The stuff of plants. The stuff of photosynthesis.

    “There’s no stigma in being a botanist.”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I'm in a trivia kinda mood. Are tomatoes fruits or vegetables? Are eggplants and peppers fruits? Are zucchini fruits or vegetables. How about cucumbers? Do they fit into keto or paleo low carb diets? What common nutrient is extremely high in all of them?
    LOL. Tomatoes are actually fruits. They used to be called the "love fruit" or something like that. Evidently peppers are technically fruits as well.

    You've got me stumped with all these questions. All I know is these foods don;t raise my blood sugars so I eat them. OK, tomatoes do but I eat some of them anyway. Need them on my salads.

    I hope you answer your own questions for me.
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

    A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

  5. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-28-2007
    Location
    Georgia and Hawaii
    Posts
    17,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Traillium View Post
    “There’s no stigma in being a botanist.”

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "What a humus."
    Quote Originally Posted by PennyPincher View Post
    LOL. Tomatoes are actually fruits. They used to be called the "love fruit" or something like that. Evidently peppers are technically fruits as well.

    You've got me stumped with all these questions. All I know is these foods don;t raise my blood sugars so I eat them. OK, tomatoes do but I eat some of them anyway. Need them on my salads.

    I hope you answer your own questions for me.
    The bot knows all too well they are all ripened ovaries, seed bearing structures from flowering plants - fruits. Traillium is just playing coy with this Hort head.

    As a percentage of major caloric providing macronutrients (fats, carbs, protein) breakdown in a food's total calories(not caloric density which measures calories by wt or volume), mostly complex carbs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
++ New Posts ++

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •