WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Dates are still the same, Aug 20-26th. I'm planning on being at the trail head on Aug 19th so I can sleep there and plan on a decent time to start. We did that last year and it worked great....good to have an evening for the group to get to know each other before starting out too.

I still plan to go. With your other backpacking trips you have planned for the summer, I'm sure you will leave me in the dust.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by mississippi_dan View Post
    I still plan to go. With your other backpacking trips you have planned for the summer, I'm sure you will leave me in the dust.
    Dan
    I doubt it. I'm a "stop and smell the roses" kind of backpacker. I don't plan on doing crazy days. I'm happy with 10-12 mile days.

Sounds like 3 of us so far.

It's almost June and I am starting to get serious about planning, logistics and all other stuff. Once we hit the end of June I will be offline for a week or more at a time and I don't want to leave people hanging.

So far bowwow and mississippi_dan seem to be pretty committed to the trip but there is definitely room for a couple more, although would like to keep numbers below 6.

As of June 1st I will be starting to co-ordinate things via Group Private Message so as to keep personal details between those who are going (safety and privacy issue). I would love to hear from anyone else interested in going before then but will also still be checking this thread constantly and will add people to the group conversation if we have any serious interest or other committed parties after that time.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    It's almost June and I am starting to get serious about planning, logistics and all other stuff. Once we hit the end of June I will be offline for a week or more at a time and I don't want to leave people hanging.

So far bowwow and mississippi_dan seem to be pretty committed to the trip but there is definitely room for a couple more, although would like to keep numbers below 6.

As of June 1st I will be starting to co-ordinate things via Group Private Message so as to keep personal details between those who are going (safety and privacy issue). I would love to hear from anyone else interested in going before then but will also still be checking this thread constantly and will add people to the group conversation if we have any serious interest or other committed parties after that time.
    Your message box is full, can't reply to pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowwow View Post
    Your message box is full, can't reply to pm.
    Fixed. Always forget to delete the "Sent" mail box

Well we are down to two currently. Would love to have others join us. This truly is an amazing trip...someone else has got to want to do this!

Today, 11:15 #6
    Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Three confirmed (including me) and one maybe which leaves room for a couple more. This really will be quite an amazing trip

Oops...apparently I copied more than needed. Ignore the Hammock stuff

Just got back from this trip. It was pretty awesome. Weather wasn't as great as last year, sadly, but still great 95% of the time.

The coolest thing was that we ran into Andy Bentz (of JMT FKT and Pa'lante Packs fame) on the trail just sought of Jean Lakes. I would have walked right by him if the other guys I was with (from here om WB) hadn't got all gushy about seeing him.

Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    Just got back from this trip. It was pretty awesome. Weather wasn't as great as last year, sadly, but still great 95% of the time.

The coolest thing was that we ran into Andy Bentz (of JMT FKT and Pa'lante Packs fame) on the trail just sought of Jean Lakes. I would have walked right by him if the other guys I was with (from here om WB) hadn't got all gushy about seeing him.
    And by seeing I mean spending half an hour talking to!!! Nice guy...loved my dogs

How bad was the smoke in wyoming? My wife and I are doing the teton crest trail soon.....we did a hike near mt. Rainier last weekend and were lucky to get a pretty clear day but it was still a little hazy...

Quote Originally Posted by C4web88 View Post
    How bad was the smoke in wyoming? My wife and I are doing the teton crest trail soon.....we did a hike near mt. Rainier last weekend and were lucky to get a pretty clear day but it was still a little hazy...
    We had one slightly hazy day with a little bit of smoke smell but not bad at all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++