WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Via Dinarica White Trail. Story and Video

Been working on writing up my story on our hike of the Via Dinarica last summer.
    I just finished and posted the 1st 2 countries: Slovenia and Croatia, complete with pictures on my blog: https://fiddlehead.wordpress.com/201...ore-to-follow/

And we made an 18 minute long video about it a few months ago and have it on vimeo:
    https://fiddlehead.wordpress.com/201...ore-to-follow/

Great trail.
    If you are looking for a trail that has almost no people hiking it , yet real beauty, great mountains, with lots of history.......
    Well check it out if you are into expanding your horizons to the countries of the former Yugoslavia, Ottoman empire complete with castles going back 700 years etc.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

Oh sorry, the video is here:

Thanks Glenn for the writeup.
    I'll hand the link to a friend who's section hiking the Dinarica (he started from his backdoor two years ago, and is now ready to do a section in Slovenia).

Fantastic video!...so many good things, look forward to the next. That Croatian sunset was beautiful. What was the spinning wheel for on the outdoor fired oven?

Also recent had a discussion with a family member who lives and works in Albania, he was telling me about the pill boxes all around the country from days gone by and likened it to a country walled off from the outside world.

The spinning wheel was a water wheel that this guy built. He was very ingenious and when you opened a valve, water would make the wheel go around. The more you opened it, the faster the sheep would spin on the fire. Really cool.
    I wish you could see this place. Everything was built with hard work and ingenuity.
    The bread he baked for us was awesome (round bread)
    He even went out in the woods and picked some herbs for my friend's food poisoning problem

As for the pillboxes, I will explain a bit more about the when I get to that part of the story.
    I'm about halfway through the Bosnia/Herzevogina section writeup right now.
    So, stay tuned.
    I'll post the link on here when I'm finished (Maybe today or tomorrow, we'll see how much time i get)

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlehead View Post
    The spinning wheel was a water wheel that this guy built. He was very ingenious and when you opened a valve, water would make the wheel go around. The more you opened it, the faster the sheep would spin on the fire. Really cool.
    I wish you could see this place. Everything was built with hard work and ingenuity.
    The bread he baked for us was awesome (round bread)
    He even went out in the woods and picked some herbs for my friend's food poisoning problem

As for the pillboxes, I will explain a bit more about the when I get to that part of the story.
    I'm about halfway through the Bosnia/Herzevogina section writeup right now.
    So, stay tuned.
    I'll post the link on here when I'm finished (Maybe today or tomorrow, we'll see how much time i get)
    great, look forward to it, also enjoyed the tunes in the video.

OK, Part 2 is finished and published:
    https://fiddlehead.wordpress.com/201...a-herzegovina/

And now, Part 3 also finished and posted: https://fiddlehead.wordpress.com/201...negro-albania/
    That's it, 3 different parts as it was way too long to put in one blog entry.
    16,000 words total for all 3 parts combined.
    It's a lot more fun hiking than it is writing about it.
    But if I don't, I forget the details, like town names or where we bought what, but always remember how great it was.

Thanks again for the writeup, Glenn.
    Really enjoy reading it!

++ New Posts ++