WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

GAME 06

Default The L2H Route - Death Valley to Mt Whitney

Death Valley to Mt. Whitney - approx 130 miles

Features the 4th highest valley to summit climb in the US at 10,000 ft.
    Not a marked trail but a route.
    Truly for only experienced and very fit desert hikers.

The Lowest-to-Highest (L2H) is a backcountry hiking routebetween Badwater and Mt. Whitney. Unlike the traditional "race route," the L2H avoids pavement and vehicle traffic whenever possible, in favor of a scenic, silent journey across the wilderness, as it seeks the soul of a rugged, harsh, and ultimately beautiful land. If the traditional approach is to complete an extreme journey on foot, then the L2H is about living completely in a land of extremes. Indeed, this off-highway journey encompasses even greater extremes of geography, ecology and climate, and is intended to immerse the traveler far more deeply within the environment.
    http://www.simblissity.net/L2H.shtml

Notice the picture at the bottom of the link with Swami in it just after finishing this trail? For those who have not heard of him he is one of the most accomplished hikers in history. If you want to see something amazing check his trip reports from 170 hikes around the world at his blog here: https://www.thehikinglife.com/

Default The L2H Route - Death Valley to Mt Whitney

My dad worked at China Lake off and on when I was a kid. His stories of the Mojave and Death Valley have always stuck with me. One of these days...
    You can walk in another person's shoes, but only with your feet

It's a more diverse hike to extend the L2H route by continuing on the High Sierra Trail, SHR, or JMT. Or, if you want to take it to another level as an ambitious LD hiker consider Sage Clegg's Japhy Ryder Route that incorporates the L2H Route. http://sageclegg.com/expeditions/japhy-ryder-route/

Cam is awesome though. Just ask Malto. How fitting the name of his site.

GAME 06

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    It's a more diverse hike to extend the L2H route by continuing on the High Sierra Trail, SHR, or JMT. Or, if you want to take it to another level as an ambitious LD hiker consider Sage Clegg's Japhy Ryder Route that incorporates the L2H Route. http://sageclegg.com/expeditions/japhy-ryder-route/

Cam is awesome though. Just ask Malto. How fitting the name of his site.
    Interesting. My first thought was do you need a pass from the folks manning the pot growing operations in all of those forests from Cape Mendocino to the foothills of the Sierra.

Images

That trip was an absolute blast. I don't think I have laughed as much as I did on this hike. Here's another great shot from that hike.
    IMG_0539.JPG
    enemy of unnecessary but innovative trail invention gadgetry

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Interesting. My first thought was do you need a pass from the folks manning the pot growing operations in all of those forests from Cape Mendocino to the foothills of the Sierra.

That's another thread. But, quickly no you don't. Sage offers some guidance.

Malto, we could only imagine. Look at that posse of smirking deviants.

Cam is giving his 12 long hike talks at the CDT Trail Days this upcoming Saturday (4/28) in Silver City.

I am about 5 hours away, and considering driving down. Would love see, meet, hear Cam in person talk about this thing we all love.

It is a bit of a commitment for me to make it.

Anyone who knows Cam or seen him talk, is it worth the drive?

It would also be nice to meet Sirena, one of the founding mothers of the AZT. She is speaking early Saturday.

It would also be nice to see the Gila again, such a wondrous and wild place.

Malto, you going to be around?

++ New Posts ++