WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Introducing the Long Trail Pocket Maps

The Long Trail has now joined the Pocket Maps family!

The book consists of 1 overview map, 5 section overview maps, 5 section meta-data pages, 47 trail maps, 52 elevation charts and a 10 page data book with 297 locations. These are not old, scanned USGS topo maps.

For more info: https://www.postholer.com/maps/Long-Trail/20

Images

Oh God I remember Mt Horrid. Hot, sweaty, buggy, and straight up from the road crossing.

While I did like the LT map, this would have been a nice addition to our kit.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

Journal Entries

I thought the long trail map was just about the perfect map. Possible because the trail was straight and it could be put on just a few panels.

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by postholer.com View Post
    The Long Trail has now joined the Pocket Maps family!

The book consists of 1 overview map, 5 section overview maps, 5 section meta-data pages, 47 trail maps, 52 elevation charts and a 10 page data book with 297 locations. [B]These are not old, scanned USGS topo maps.
    Just got my copy. Nice looking maps, but I don’t see the shelters annotated on the detail map? An oversight? Not in available data sets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Postholer, they seem organized as Skurka's HDT, SHR, WRR, and SEKI Traverse mapsets but taking a "here's the trail" approach? Can we make that comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by LDog View Post
    Just got my copy. Nice looking maps, but I don’t see the shelters annotated on the detail map? An oversight? Not in available data sets?
    That's correct. We'll make that available as we get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Postholer, they seem organized as Skurka's HDT, SHR, WRR, and SEKI Traverse mapsets but taking a "here's the trail" approach? Can we make that comparison?
    The layout is the same I've used for all my maps since 2011. I'm not sure what Skurkas look like. All our maps are a work in progress, thus the annual or near annual updates. I'm always getting new data!

++ New Posts ++