WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I just left a message with my broker to cut me a check tomorrow. Now to figure out how to get in the phone que some 3am EDT August 27!

Cheers,
    Bill in Roswell, GA

BTW, soon there will be anothe DCF Tarptent.
    This time it is a double and still 2 walls. (modular so you can just use the fly if you like)
    37877982_736813726658359_3579151845831999488_n.jpg
    TT SS Li
    franco @ tarptent

Any specs on it? I have the Notch Li and am enjoying it. Wish it had a little more room though.

https://www.tarptent.com/product/stratospire-li/
    Henry is having some fun flying his drone and the video clip does help in giving a much better idea of its shape.

I have a sil nylon Notch and have considered moving up to a ZPacks Duplex, not just to save weight, but also to get something a little roomier and the performance of CF. However I must admit that I've grown to appreciate the ease of setting up a tent with only 4 tent stakes. The large number of stakes needed for other tents has made me think twice. I think I will stick with my current tent for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    BTW, soon there will be anothe DCF Tarptent.
    This time it is a double and still 2 walls. (modular so you can just use the fly if you like)
    37877982_736813726658359_3579151845831999488_n.jpg
    TT SS Li
    franco @ tarptent
    This is the tent I have been wanting for, well, like forever...a modular DCF tent. I always liked the design of the SS but hate silnylon for the outer wall and I need something more designed for the Scottish weather now I'm moving back to the UK. What is the comparison in usable floor/head space when compared to the Duplex?

oops, I just drooled a little bit.

I'm curious what a Protrail would weigh in cuben... If it could compete with zpacks single wall tents.

Quote Originally Posted by MtDoraDave View Post
    I'm curious what a Protrail would weigh in cuben... If it could compete with zpacks single wall tents.
    It might be competitive weight-wise, but because of it's end entry design vs Zpacks side entry, It would still be an inferior shelter.

This is the floor plan of the SS Li
    ssli_dimensions.jpg
    There is a 3D clip on the product page, under Usable Volume, with two 6' dummies inside.
    https://www.tarptent.com/product/str...e-li/#tab-id-4

Quote Originally Posted by trailmercury View Post
    It might be competitive weight-wise, but because of it's end entry design vs Zpacks side entry, It would still be an inferior shelter.
    It depends on what you like.
    There are other factors , for example the ProTrail has a relatively small footprint and only needs 4 stakes without guyllines in decent weather.
    pt_5.jpg
    Xexamid.jpg

Well I ordered the SS Li. Now I'm anxiously waiting for the shipping confirmation.

I know you’re going to love it. It’s a 2 person right?
    I do have the real double wall inner tent. Maybe that helps stop the sag and no condensation on my bag.
    Who knows. I love it. If I remember my earplugs in the rain!
    Wayne

I'm semi-interested in a Dyneema Notch fly if that were to be made available separately(have both inners and a ZPacks Solo cuben floor, already). All else being equal, cost per oz. saved is nearly $35 in that instance, but I'm more interested in it not stretching or taking on water than anything. My Notch fly does not actually need replacing, having no damage, and a seam being resealed plus some silicone spray being the only "repairs" it's received after 6yrs and probably in the neighborhood of 300 nights' use.

I'm at a point where weight no longer really matters, but won't pretend that the idea of a 15oz total shelter system(using the Solo floor) doesn't still have some appeal! That's freaking awesome for what is, to me, a very liveable 1p shelter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++