WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: NOC PArking

Question NOC PArking

Can someone tell me where to park at NOC. I am doing a NOBO section from Rock Gap to NOC next weekend and need to park a car at NOC

Go to the office past the railroad tracks and check in. They will give you a window hanger, and tell you to park up the hill at basecamp. It was free last time I parked there.

Quote Originally Posted by soumodeler View Post
    Go to the office past the railroad tracks and check in. They will give you a window hanger, and tell you to park up the hill at basecamp. It was free last time I parked there.
    Ditto. Except last May, I went and got my permit from the general store across the road from the outfitters. I don't think the general store is opened for the season yet.

Roam my 2 weeks ago
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8yJfIB...QnJkrOjAQ0/tks yall

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Check out my youtube channel
    Ramdino Roaming the Trails

Call them and ask.

I have parked there twice (two week long sections) with no trouble.

I have parked up there before but was a couple years ago. I did not get a parking pass though...should I have?? I will be parking there memorial day weekend
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

I just called the NOC about parking for a section hike March, they said it couldn't hurt to pop your head in to the outfitter, so they know why your car is there, and they may ask you to park further away to leave closer spots for the day guests.

Now that I have parking sorted, I need help finding a shuttle from the NOC to Deep Gap USFS71, or if that road is closed, to the Standing Indian camp ground/ Kimsey Creek trail head on March 25th.

Ron Brown is a great resource, he shuttled me on all of my GA trips, but he will go all the way up to Fontana Dam
    His contact info can be found in the link in my signiture
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Deep Gap rd. is definitely closed.

Deep Gap rd. is definitely closed. I think it re-opens April 1.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by AchillesAT View Post
    I just called the NOC about parking for a section hike March, they said it couldn't hurt to pop your head in to the outfitter, so they know why your car is there, and they may ask you to park further away to leave closer spots for the day guests.

Now that I have parking sorted, I need help finding a shuttle from the NOC to Deep Gap USFS71, or if that road is closed, to the Standing Indian camp ground/ Kimsey Creek trail head on March 25th.
    usfs 71 is now open . if you need a shuttle try the further shuttle appalachian . 7723210905 , 7067453306 , 7064009105 . the team is made up of seasoned hikers and can assist you on your hike . thanks . donald " grateful " ballard .. we are stationed in Blairsville ga but we cover Atlanta to Fontana .

Images

i just want to throw out there that we stick by your side as you hike . you can call us for anything . one of my drivers is a former thru hiker and works at a outfitter so he knows his stuff and you can definitely pick his brain . mary is a long distance hiker with knowledge of the roads and of the trail and is prompt and courteous . i'm a 30 year hiker myself with knowledge of the trail and the roads and try to answer any questions that you have . we always answer the phone since my drivers are driving all day and i'm sitting and directing them to where they need to be . we take our business very seriously . we are always on the road assisting hikers with their needs and no one is ever left out . we do not stop until the calls stop coming in . thank you and hike safely . peace my friends

++ New Posts ++