WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thanks for all the info i think im still on the fence about bag or quilt but deff got some more stuff to check out
    the western mt bags are sweet but at like 650 a pop thats a guap of some loot but i get it its and investment

WM @ $650 each? I know it’s been awhile since I’ve shopped, which bag are you looking at? Something around Zero or below?
    On the other hand, quality down bags from several companies last for decades with a bit of care.
    Good luck!
    Wayne

http://wildernesslogics.com/BUD-WINT...QUILT-BWTQ.htm

By far- one of the best value's going right now. The 'king' is for bigger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggySours View Post
    Hey everyone starting out this season thru hiking the va section since its pretty much in my backyard I live in Richmond Va Going for big miles next year. However, right now im having a hard time fining a suitable backpacking sleeping bag. Im kind of ballin on a budget not looking for the most light weight one or the most high tech. I am 5'10 about 250 kinda stout but i carry it well. The real issue im having is that my shoulders are like pretty big and that kind of makes finding a bag pretty hard. Here is a list of a few i have tried kelty cosmic down 20,big agness regular lost ranger 15, rei radiant 19 long and wide Of these the rei one fit the best but the guy at rei said it did not totally fit properly. Honestly it was the most comfortable i had ever been in a bag and i dont really care for this guy at rei to much. He kind of pissed me off while i was buying my pack but thats another story for another time lol. I also tried the nemo disco and yeah not fitting in that either. So any big guys got some advice im also going to be hammock camping so im kind of up in the air on what to do. Have been a day hike weekend warrior and avid car camper for years so no stranger to the game but am deff having issues gearing up and making things packable. Thanks in advance Joe
    Take a look at the AEGISMAX UL Goose Down Sleeping Bag Tapered Rectangular Down Sleeping Bag Super Light Backpacking Envelope Down Bag 800 Fill Gold

https://www.amazon.com/AEGISMAX-Slee...8891624&sr=8-6

Hey brother.. you might do well in a double hammock and/or a quilt like some others have said. Double hammock is an extra pound or so in your pack but will give you space. The Paria quilt is temp rated to 15 degrees and gives a lot more room than a mummy bag.

ENO Double Hammock

Paria Quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Adventure Sack View Post
    Hey brother.. you might do well in a double hammock and/or a quilt like some others have said. Double hammock is an extra pound or so in your pack but will give you space. The Paria quilt is temp rated to 15 degrees and gives a lot more room than a mummy bag.

ENO Double Hammock

Paria Quilt
    Two posts, both promoting ENO?

There’s much better wide choices out there for backpacking than the ENO, and the quilt is only 700 full and weighs almost 3lbs.

Much better choice out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++