WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Post 12th Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner Saturday, February 10, 2018

Twelfth Annual WhiteBlaze/HammockForums Nashville Winter Dinner
    Saturday, February 10, 2018

All are invited. Also invited are folks from HammockForums.net and Nashville Backpacker Meetup.com group.

Here's the itinerary this year:

5:00 pm DINNER. For those who'd like, we'll meet for dinner at 5:00 or so across the road from REI at Blaze Pizza. http://www.blazepizza.com/locations/...d-franklin-dr/

6:30 pm PRESENTATION at REI Community Room. Our speaker this year will be Melanie Harsha, trail name: Peanut.

Peanut is from Franklin, Tennessee. She received her BA in Anthropology and Psychology at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2013. In 2015, she received her Masters in Appalachian Studies from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. In 2016 Peanut solo hiked the Appalachian Trail in its entirety. She started on March 23 and completed it on September 27th, hiking it Northbound. Currently, Peanut is the gear manager at Mountain High Outfitters in Franklin, TN. Her dog's name is Radley. Radley completed 1000 miles of the AT with her. Peanut's partner's name is Cricket. Cricket thru hiked the AT in 2017. In April 2018, they will attempt the Pacific Crest Trail northbound.

Blog: https://thetrek.co/author/melanie-harsha/

Peanut's presentation will be about her successful 2016 Appalachian Trail thru hike, including the gear she carried and what she learned. Peanut had a very heavy pack. (She'll also talk about what gear she's switching to for her PCT thru-hike attempt.)

Much of Peanut's presentation will also discuss thru hiking solo, especially as a woman, and her take on the positives and negatives of that. There will be plenty of opportunity for Q&A.

Here is the address (and phone number) for the Nashville/Brentwood REI --
    261 Franklin Road
    Brentwood, TN 37027
    (615) 376-4248

Questions?

Rain Man
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

Well, we had at least three dozen folks there for Peanut's great presentation at REI.

Truly, "if you build it, they will come."
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Man I would have loved to come to this but only saw the post this morning
    Trail Miles: 4,927.6
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 0.0
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

++ New Posts ++